juggling taunt and guard with a jugg

Daxy

noob that i am, i am just starting to get familiar with taunt and guard as a level 34 veng jugg

sure, i use it in pve to get mobs to attack me and i throw guard on the healer then quickly forget about it

my question is: how do you veteran juggies use your taunts and guards in the warzone environment and how do you juggle this with the other abilities and whatnots?

any help is much appreciated

as a dps jug i never use guard, but taunt you have two ways, either using it off cooldown, or timing for stuff. I normally try to watch out for the proc on vanguards and use it before they railshot, other than that use it on cooldown.

Also usually use it on people who attack the healer/ball carrier

ok, here is what this noob has noticed playing lowbie warzones

i've been consciously trying to use it (guard and taunt) more, making it a part of my "rotation/priority") and having much success

usually, when the game starts i'll be in the rear; when the action gets thick somewhere ill guard the dude getting focused run into the fray and fire off the aoe taunt - then ill enrage and start to go after enemies with the lowest bars - finally trying to execute the "kill or be killed" gameplay-

before using taunt and guard i would pretty much start every wz (other than capping in novare or civil war) rushing the first red target i could hit with my charge and fail from there- totally downhill from the beginning

personally, i find taunt and guard gimmicky but it keeps your teammates alive and makes the enemy go "***" for a moment or two (at least now i understand why some enemies, all of a sudden, dont seem to take damage) - and you get lots of medals for it

it is definitely going to require new keybinds and target of target stuff but one needs to do what is required

as a dps jug i never use guard, but taunt you have two ways, either using it off cooldown, or timing for stuff. I normally try to watch out for the proc on vanguards and use it before they railshot, other than that use it on cooldown.

Also usually use it on people who attack the healer/ball carrier

Then you're doing it wrong. Even as DPS there are critical moments where it's highly beneficial to keep another alive with guard. Especially since you can stance dance in the air during intercede. Intercede -> Soresu -> Guard applied right when you land -> AoE/Single Taunt -> Hold guard during taunt, then stun and switch back to Shi-Cho and move along.

To the op: It's quite simple. Taunts can be used in the middle of many abilities.

In the air during a force charge jugs can taunt

In the air during intercede jugs can taunt

In the air during Obliterate jugs can taunt

In the air during Smash jugs can taunt

Even without those opportunities, I feel like I can get a taunt in, inbetween GCDs, but I'm not positive. The single target taunt should be your best ally as a veng jug, as it's CD is 15 seconds, and you're single target sustained DPS as vengeance. Any time your target is attacking someone else, taunt should be your first move, unless you need to interrupt or stun.

Edited by UberDuberSoldat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.