Overpowered By Far: The Issue Of HK-47

HK-47 is not that difficult. Here are things to remember.

You forgot the HK stealth/move/snipe bugged mechanics, leading to an invisible pillar falling on him even if he isn't anywhere near the center of the room...

... leading to death.

It seems this can be caused by AoE damage when he's supposed to be safe in the pillar, but it's not the only issue.

First attempt on him was solo with a barely decently geared 47 tank juggernaut, took me 4 attempts with all the bugs falling on me one after the other and the companion's control being quite hard (when not path-bugged too), wasn't perfect on the 4th but finally took him down.

Even when he is bugged with the invisible pillar it is not hard to see whats going on. He stands there doing no damage and you cannot damage him. Simply move back. Yes, when its bugged it will cause problems and you may have to reset. I have done this fight multiple times in story mode and endless times in hardmode. L2P your role and know other people's roles as well.

Even when he is bugged with the invisible pillar it is not hard to see whats going on.

Last time, he got hit while standing there.

Don't remember which tank I played when it occured, could be part of the issue... but that's no excuse for almost 1yr old bugs.

It's probably the most bugged encounter in the whole game, and so the hardest of all at times.

The only time I saw this fight bug was one time when HK died in the centre with the pillar on top of him, making him unlootable.

HK is the first really challenging fight to heal, hence a lot of fun. Your healer needs to anticipate HK's snipe attack and be ready to top up his targets, especially if they're undergeared enough for the damage to really hurt. The field also has line of sight and range issues that require a lot of dodging around. Otherwise, this fight is all about managing the adds. The tank and DPS need to round up and burn down the trash, otherwise they swarm the healer and if he can't do his job you're droid bait.

Well hitting 4k as a level 35 npc is alot, when people around that level range are healing for around 1k maybe 2k crit all purple (at lv 35ish) Last time I healed it was on my operative was well geared at the level, and I didn't have a break from healing 1 second :p