Does arsenal need a chance to free cast?

Henu

I was playing a lowbie sniper yesterday and loved the chance they have to get a sniper shot off with no cast time and even the pyro tree has the unload chance to proc a free rail shot. I was wondering should merc arsenal tree have something to the same effect?

Something along the lines of changing Power overrides too something like, 1 point 25% chance to make TM's next TM activate instantly and 2 points for a 50% chance to make the TM's next Tm to activate instantly.

thoughts?

I was playing a lowbie sniper yesterday and loved the chance they have to get a sniper shot off with no cast time and even the pyro tree has the unload chance to proc a free rail shot. I was wondering should merc arsenal tree have something to the same effect?

Something along the lines of changing Power overrides too something like, 1 point 25% chance to make TM's next TM activate instantly and 2 points for a 50% chance to make the TM's next Tm to activate instantly.

thoughts?

Technically we do, Barrage. Refreshes the cool down on Unload and increases it's damage. Very similar to the pyro tree refreshing cool down on Rail Shot and making it free.

I was thinking about this myself.

It's either got to be a chance to insta-cast a Tracer, or something similar to the new Polarity Shift for Sorcs, where you are uninterruptable. Sure, a free cast of tracer would be great if it was part of the tree.

Right now I prefer to use my 'free' cast ability on the heal or Concussion (since concussion is pretty much useless without being instant- IE I can't remember the last time a melee type was stupid enough to let me get it off on them.)

But 1.4 is close to being released, I don't see anything so far that will let me play my Merc in Ranked WZ's more often to be honest. (last time I was in an evening of Ranked WZ's was because I wouldn't swap toons and we had no one else on at the time. lol)

thoughts?

Arsenal has a lot of other advantages over Pyro, one of the downsides is that it has to channel more.