Kashyyyk's legacy Blaster Restricted to lv 50's?

biRdyxLoCo

For anyone that doesn't know Kashyyyk's legacy was a special legacy blaster rifle available in the last event. Anyways, today I decided to mail the gun to my vanguard alt, after removing all the mods I find out, only level 50's can equip the item! Why would they do that to a legacy item! I saw other low level vanguards using the other version of the gun just fine, was this item intended to be restricted to only 50's or is this a bug? Please reply I'm really frustrated and feel like buying this weapon and removing the mods was a waste. Edited by biRdyxLoCo

hmm I figured it would be like the sand people armor and be equip able for all levels, I don't understand why they would make the weapons like this.

You just figured wrong because you don't understand that mods can have an increase on level requirement of an item, but removing them does not remove the base level requirement of an item.

I guess I figured wrong, but why make a legacy item if your just going to restrict it to 50's? I thought the point of legacy items was that you can pass it around alts and use it on any toon.

the same reason they restricted the ones for level 34. But seriously, the weapons came with stats and it would be unbalanced to send a level 50 weapon to a level 10.

the same reason they restricted the ones for level 34. But seriously, the weapons came with stats and it would be unbalanced to send a level 50 weapon to a level 10.

Doesn't fly. I can pull those mods out of it, and put them in another orange weapon that's lvl 1....and the orange will still be lvl 1 after I rip them out. I could even put in mods from my columi armor into that gun (except for the barrel of course), and mail those mods to an alt and take them out and presto! my alt has the mods for a columi piece of armor! i can do the same thing with rakata and columi weapons now (as long as they use barrels). the level restriction on a moddable item has nothing to do with the item stats.

weapon damage range and armor are base ranks on a weapon. the actual damage or armor value is a calculation between the base damage/armor value and the damage/armor rank on the primary mod (barrel, hilt, armoring, etc). so taking out the barrel on those casters and they will have the same base rating of a lvl 1 orange moddable blaster rifle.

to the OP: I hadn't checked that yet, but it is unfortunate. Not sure at this point if it was an oversight, or the specifically wanted them that way. I'm assuming oversight, as they are legacy rather then just character bound, and it seems completely silly to offer a legacy bound item (something to encourage the use of alts), when the only "alts" that can use it are lvl 50.

NOTE: for people that are considering yanking out the mods, BE CAREFUL! if the toon that you are yanking the mods out with is under the level of those mods, they will NOT be able to replace them until they are high enough level! so you can mail it to anyone, and anyone can yank the mods. but only a lvl 50 (or 34 if you have the lower one) can put them back in ANYTHING. I learned this the hard way after i had been tinkering around with a lvl 20 toon, and was going to delete them before I realized i had yanked out the columi mods from a legacy armor piece on that toon. I wasn't going to level her (i was deleting her at that point...), so it was either level that toon, or lose the columi pieces. Hard lesson learned....do NOT take the mods out until they are on the toon that is going to use them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.