What are YOUR thoughts on Legacy Names no longer being unique?

AbsolutGrndZero

What I'd like to see is allowing the same first names, and allowing the same legacy name as well. BUT not allowing the same combination. So there may be thousands of Vincits out there, and possibly dozens of Scoundrel Legacys. But there'd be only ONE Vincit Scoundrel. As it should be :)

As a Legacy, it makes me sad, but I get it and don't have so much a problem with it.

Personally, I feel they should be unique. But the problem, as was already pointed out, is that the game does not have a true Surname/Family Name/Last Name system. Your Surname should not be your Legacy Name. People can have the same Surname, but your Legacy should be unique as it's your "mark" in the Galaxy.

People today have Legacies in sports, medicine, whatever....sure. But we don't say "The Smith Legacy". There's a thousand "Smiths" in the world. What makes them unique in their "Legacy Name" is a compilation of their unique identifiers...so a "Legacy" can actually be a rather large title if they have a common Given Name or Surname. (ex. Joe Smith's Legacy of the '68 Giants).

Of course, if their impact was great enough, they could easily get away with it I suppose. Again...mixed feelings, but understand why they did it this way