My new loading screen!

CaptRavenous

I got tired of looking at the same loading screen. Its an epic pic, for the characters depicted on it, but I felt it was lacking that "Epic Star Wars" appeal.

So, I was struck by Force Lightning, and had a most epic idea.

Meet my new loading screen:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_b6li6e63YxY/SwZFC0Yw8nI/AAAAAAAAArM/sXOiYhmTJIY/s400/starwars-a_long_time_ago.jpg

NOW the game feels more epic, and I actually look forward to the game loading. Nothing like seeing that screen for a minute, then the game fades it out and takes you to your character loading screen, love it!

The above pic is smaller, for this forum, the pic I used can be found here.

Now, if you are curious as to how you can do the same thing yourself, just locate the folder that has the LoadingScreen.jpg file ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\LoadingScreens - on my PC), and replace that file with a jpg of your own.

I run my PC at 1920 x 1080, the pic is 1440 x 800, but the game resizes it to your resolution, so it should work great, no matter your resolution.

:w_cool:

Edited by CaptRavenous

I got tired of looking at the same loading screen. Its an epic pic, for the characters depicted on it, but I felt it was lacking that "Epic Star Wars" appeal.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_b6li6e63YxY/SwZFC0Yw8nI/AAAAAAAAArM/sXOiYhmTJIY/s400/starwars-a_long_time_ago.jpg

NOW the game feels more epic, and I actually look forward to the game loading. Nothing like seeing that screen for a minute, then the game fades it out and takes you to your character loading screen, love it!

Now, if you are curious as to how you can do the same thing yourself, just locate the folder that has the LoadingScreen.jpg file ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\LoadingScreens - on my PC), and replace that file with a jpg of your own.

I run my PC at 1920 x 1080, the pic is 1440 x 800, but the game resizes it to your resolution, so it should work great, no matter your resolution.

About a week after launch, my old guildmates replaced their loading screens with various altered versions that they had linked in either their vent info or on our site.

Take my Internets sir.

TAKE ALL OF THEM.

I love you so much right now I want to make mistakes and babies.

I hate my loading screen and now that I know how to change it we're going to be rocking some truly BA pic. Thank you so much.

Edited by Malles