Star Wars Holiday Special

Polisciguy

Have any of you ever watched the infamous Holiday Special? Any thoughts or comments?

I had always heard that it was really bad, but I thought that perhaps people were being too critical of it. So, last summer I watched it on YouTube and barely made it though the whole thing. Not even comedy legend Harvey Korman was able to to save that show. I just about lost my mind in the first ten minutes, in which all of the dialogue was in Shyriiwook. :sul_eek:

Have any of you ever watched the infamous Holiday Special? Any thoughts or comments?

I had always heard that it was really bad, but I thought that perhaps people were being too critical of it. So, last summer I watched it on YouTube and barely made it though the whole thing. Not even comedy legend Harvey Korman was able to to save that show. I just about lost my mind in the first ten minutes, in which all of the dialogue was in Shyriiwook. :sul_eek:

Yes. First Appearance: Boba Fett. 'Nuff said. -nods-

• 1 month later...

The MST3K guys did a Rifftrax on it. I swear that running commentary was the only way I made it through it.

I saw it as a kid, and as I recall, even my 6 year old Star Wars obsessed brain couldn't stay interested. As a 40 year old, it was pure torment.

Bad acting, bad jokes, bad music. Ill-fitting costumes, terrible characters, ridiculous props. It really was the worst thing ever on TV.