The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tharan Cedrax Correct Columi Gear?

psikofunkster

He doesn't have a "correct" set since he doesn't benefit from the set bonuses (companions can't even *get* set bonuses, iirc so even the tank set bonuses are worthless). Your best bet is to simply find the piece of gear for each slot that has the highest combined power/crit/alac and cunning (which generally means the least Endurance if you're too lazy to do a bunch of math) and mix-and-match across the sets to do so.

I was under the impression that alacrity is of very limited use for companions, since they seem to be more limited by cooldowns than casting times. Therefore, I've been equipping Tharan in Enforcer gear because it tends to have the highest cunning/power.

this is correct. and I'm doing the same thing. I have him in full Enforcer Columni/Rakata and he throws great heals and his heals are plenty fast. I have high presence, over 600, and he outheals some players I run into. so I would say go with the enforcer set.

ouch, well I've already bought some field medic gear the rest is gonna be enforcer.

Not too much of an issue. once you get past columi "any" gearset, he can pretty much heal a 4 man. same with most the healers for classes. columi-rakata+ and they're healing dynamo's

actually ran a torvix 4+ the other day where my companion had more health then the tank did. Gotta admit that inside i cheered for Mako a bit.....She's a MONSTER!

• 2 months later...