Useful vs Useless skills

Lynnx

I don't believe that any skill is totally useless but several skills aren't very practical.

I have a level 43 sage, and just noticed that his equipment needs an upgrade. This toon does synthweaving.

I now have to make new armor pieces for each body part. I have to make many, because I have to RE most of it in order to get blue. I also have to get many mats for this many items.

Of course, Armormech would have the same situation.

I think that a more practical approach would be to make toons with cybertech, artifice and armstech in order to make mods to install in orange equipment.

The other toons would be all gathering skills and either give the mats to my crafters, or sell them.

I've tried making all gathering toons and selling everything, and buying what I needed on the GTN. The problem is that often I didn't find what I needed.

I think that cybertech, artifice, armstech and biochem are all that we need. We shouldn't use synthweaving or armormech.

Unfortunately, I have a high level synthweaver.

Yeah, for leveling does look that way. I don't have a Cybertech yet, but I think for leveling purposes it'll be great. Even if that's your only toon. Enhancements only cost 2 planet commendations. That only leaves upgrading your hilt/barrel for 7.

Also, makes the grind for schematics much more rewarding. With synth/armomech, you burn mats and go through a painful process to upgrade exactly 1 piece. With cybertech, everytime you get a new shemeatic for the armoring, you get to upgrade 5 pieces. 6 or 7 if it's the mod. That's much more appealing. If you happen to have orange belts and bracers, even better.

Yeah, for leveling does look that way. I don't have a Cybertech yet, but I think for leveling purposes it'll be great. Even if that's your only toon. Enhancements only cost 2 planet commendations. That only leaves upgrading your hilt/barrel for 7.

Also, makes the grind for schematics much more rewarding. With synth/armomech, you burn mats and go through a painful process to upgrade exactly 1 piece. With cybertech, everytime you get a new shemeatic for the armoring, you get to upgrade 5 pieces. 6 or 7 if it's the mod. That's much more appealing. If you happen to have orange belts and bracers, even better.

I tried to do blues in cybertech, gave up on lvl 21.

I mean really? do 8 mods for your self, 7 armorings for your self, same for companion (so in total 30 pieces) of blues is 120 metal/compund + 120 of special metal toatal... for... what? +2 endurance+2 main stat compared to greens which cost 2 metal/compound each.

doing just greens is fine and painless.rest is as above, hilt/barrels and enhancments are perfect planet comms sink, give endurance and power (unless you dont like doing all quests to get those 34 comms - 14 hilt/barrel for you and companion, 20 for 10 enhamncments for you and companion)

Like I said, I don't have a Cybertech yet, but I do have Armomech and Synthweaving. I know is kinda frustrating grinding schematic just to craft 1 piece at the end. Specially considering my latest luck, not so much in RE, but in getting the preffix I want for the item. They're always last to pop :rolleyes:

Also, there are items with a rather large gap between them. I don't have a specific case right now, but for example you have a schematic for level 18 boots, the next one is for level 29, nothing in between.That sucks too.