Annihilation vs Carnage vs Rage

juliandracos

Im a lvl 22 right now and I am speced with a Carnage With some Rage spec which works well for you especially if you have a lot of strength you will be able to do more damage than anyone else and will kill them before they kill you which will bring up your survivability in pvps and chance to do that heavy damage and get all the medals with the damage

I personally leveled in Rage and it worked great. Very consistent damage along with a hard hitting aoe (as well as viscous slash hitting 2 enemies most of the time) drops enemies very quickly. The best way to do this imo is to put 2 points into defensive forms and short fuse so that you can get berserk a lot. 6 free slashes makes things very nice (not to mention if you spec right then crits will refund 2 rage so when berserk is up you can actually gain a considerable amount of rage). Anni is very good survivability and i know many people use that tree to level with as well. I personally dont think that carnage is a great leveling tree but i have never tested it. No matter which tree you use i would say the best thing to do is to pick the build that works best for you, and the best way to figure that out is to test them and see how you like. good luck with the leveling and i hope this helps :)

I have found that testing things out does not work for me, at least until around level 40. Only then do I have enough tools. But I also hate respecing. I would like to get things how I will like that asap.

I do not care about leveling. All I do is class quests and then wz. I can only do world quests a couple of times before I am sick of them. (I really miss old mmorpgs where there were dungeons to just kill through. I am sick of quest grinding in mmos.)

So I am much more concerned with the overall play style of each one so I can decide which ones to put points into as I am leveling in WZ so that I am used to it when I get to 50.

Here's my 2cents...

Annihilation = single target dps with survivability, healer shutdown via short cd intrerupts

Carnage = single target with mobility(buffed predation) and roots added to your abilities.

Rage = big aoe and burst, if you stick with weaponmaster gear very short cd on undying rage.

So annihilation i think is one of the best to play if queing solo, Carnage is good for coordinating dps (holds target still for them) and increased runspeed buff. Rage is good for duoing with healer and aoe situations(the mara set bonus + talent in rage lets you undying rage like every 45 seconds!)

I've gone Annihilation. I only do main quest and pvp. I've finished chapter 2 which is lvl 40 or 41 quest at lvl 37 and it was ridiculously easy. You will be missing quite a bit, but it does not matter. I've played all classes through lvl 35 and this one is the biggest cake walk of them all.

As far as pvp goes it's pretty close to the same. I don't even flinch at 2v1... me being the 1.

I did go through a respec phase, but ended up back at annihilation. Perhaps this is the advanced class which suits my play style best as a previous poster has mentioned.

Right now I am torn between annihilation and rage. I want to improve my survivability, yet I am always a sucker for AoE damage. I have have to see how the AoE damage plays out in WZ. In PvE it is insane at the lower levels. It pretty much drops normal and weak mobs with one use.

I leveled my marauder to 50 in carnage and went raiding after that for a while.

Then I took my sentinel up the watchman/anni tree and it seems to give better damage over the long haul, but carnage can't be beat for initial busrt.

the bleeds seem to give anni more survivability, it just depends on what you want to do, if you are gonna PvP alot then go carnage, raids, go anni