1.4 is as bad as 1.3. It's avoiding to fix the real issues with pvp.

Individual

That's because uptime is terrible for mercenaries. For whatever reason, nobody attacks pyro PTs. Why? I can't say honestly. It might be because if they're lucky with procs, they can melt you almost no matter what health they have when you pick a fight and that acts as a deterrent. It shouldn't act like a deterrent, though. If one guy is hell-bent on killing my sorceror, assuming he's not a carnage marauder, it's going to take him way longer to do that than if the same guy's hell-bent on killing my pyro, assuming he succeeds. Also PTs have 4 viable fighting specs, while mercs have one-ish. It could be that you've spec'ed arsenal, which is a complete joke to shut down and kill.

But none of this is a damage output issue. For every second they're in the mix, they output as much or more than anything else. They're just in the mix less, which is a survivability problem.

How come my merc is still bottom of the tree in terms of DPS in operations too then? The only other class that might be worse for operations is operatives, and I'm pretty sure that's due to resource issues.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How come my merc is still bottom of the tree in terms of DPS in operations too then? The only other class that might be worse for operations is operatives, and I'm pretty sure that's due to resource issues.

My answer to that would be either your gear is poorly optimized or you happen to be terrible. Mercenary's and operatives are #2 and #3, respectively, in base campaign. And #'s 3 and 4 in optimized campaign in raw DPS.

http://simulationcraft.org/swtor/130/Raid_Campaign.html

http://simulationcraft.org/swtor/130/Raid_Campaign_BiS.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.