SWTOR Tanking Calculator

Dhariq

Well since I got nothing to do in this game anymore because of lack of content. :( I found myself looking over and tweaking my gear with an old spreadsheet i made before. I then cleared stuff on main and alt again. So now what?

I fired up visual studio and made a .net app out of my old xls. It is here and in my sig and does most basic mitigation calculations and optimizations in a friendly layout with some load/save abilities and it brute force the numbers you should aim for. I also added so you can add click and proc relics but proc relic can take some time to optimize for because it uses alot of calculation based on dodge and shield while checking for every possible combination.

Hopefully they add some content soon so I can play the actual game instead of doing these things. ;)

Ps The values are checked but not double checked but it seems to do what it should. But I bet someone will let me know if something is wrong...

Edited by Dhariq

I will be leaving the game but I will keep the program om my skydrive (I can spare 142 kb :) )

I'm to tired and have noticed that I am not even interested in the numbers or discussing how mechanics are flawed and should be changed etc so I am out. All the stupid mathematically impossible equations such as self heal, barriers etc kinda broke my spirit. I will let the senior designers talk survivability targets (when they build classes that are not even balanced betwen 8 and 16 man) in peace now, and let them continue to do itemizations that they themself said was stupid and bad when talking about Rakata without me picking on them. Mainly because I do not care anymore since they do not move an inch forward as I see it.

Not a big loss though I suppose since I have not been contributing with anything real for awile anyway because of caring to little anymore. When you stop being constructive and just whine it is time to move on. So I'll do that.

To bad since I really liked the foundation of the game and so wanted to like it.

Edited by Dhariq

• 1 month later...

I had a similar idea recently and updated the old LagunaD spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqqlFggS3U48dFRqTW5YM0tLYy0ycnhteGt0LXhXU0E

If you're still interested in keeping your app updated, your defense value for juggs should be 22% (instead of 14%) when you include the Quake (5%) accuracy debuff and Retaliation buff (3%) which are maintained throughout a fight. Without these jugg tanks no doubt seem silly in comparison.

For those interested, you can also copy the spreadsheet and change it to your class and stats by clicking File>Make Copy.

Edited by FillionFan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.