30 points combat spec in pvp?

sanchito

Currently, I'm running 0/23/18. I find it fits my needs and gives me: Precision Slash, Zealous Leap, and Felling Blow.

3 things I need in PvP: 100% armor penetration, 2nd leap and AoE Critical after Force Leap or Zealous Leap.

Edited by Ramtar

anyone considered going only 30 points in combat to get Zealous Leap? I figure that the additional gap closer would be immensely useful in pvp, but would the dps loss be too much for it to be worth it?

Short answer - yes it would lose too much DPS.

Combat spec does the largest portion of its damage from 2 sources: blade rush and Ataru form. You can actually almost look at this as 1 source because a lot of your Ataru form strikes are from the blade rush auto proc.

If you're considering PVP, you can actually just put more points in the combat tree. I personally skip the accuracy talent because I have more than enough in PvE and PVP without it affecting my other stats. I don't need to take insight from the focus tree because bladestorm is the only force attack I regularly use and it is auto crit when I use it. So it's 2 pts in focus for the MS talent, and 5 in watchman leaving 34 points. I put all those in combat and pick up the extra second of root on force leap and the root on crippling throw. With that + super speed if I need it I don't find myself needing another gap closer.

Edited by arkitip

No.

Blade rush crits for 3ks, triggers ataru strike that can crit for 1k and has a lowered gcd when u use zen.

The whole spec is based on blade rush spam and procs from ataru hits.

Also you would lose Valor, which means a LOT more time between 30 centering, and lack of focused slash means resource problems, especially when you add another ability that costs 3 focus.

And how do you plan to play that build? precision->master strike and then what? stand still for 30 sec? Sure, slash has +15% crit chance, but unlike blade rush, it doesn't have 30% crit dmg bonus and doesn't trigger ataru and since you have no focused slash, you will run out of 6 focus (1 zealous) with 2 slashes.

If you want to get closer at 10m just use crippling throw - it roots ;)