The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Power tech leveling trouble

AdennBralor

Ive been having trouble leveling my power tech and I was wondering if any one has any tips to help.I feel like I should restart my bh entirely and I'm really close to doing it.

Oh and I forgot my power tech is level 19 and barely inching his way through the nar shadda quests please help!

Edited by AdennBralor
Forgot one last thing

Unless you want to re-live the story of the Bounty Hunter, it won't be advisable to restart the same class again. If you are doing little damage, you can remedy it in 2 ways:

1) Look at your skill tree and if you need to change them, visit the Skill Mentor on the fleet (he's in the same area as your class trainer) and have him reset your skills. You can reset your tree once a week for free, after that it will cost a little. To have a better understanding of what skills to put points into, see the forums or visit noxxic.com/swtor.

2) Look at your gear. Are they the same level as you? If not, then you should probably get new ones. General practice is that you don't usually spend credits buying gears from vendors, use commendations instead. If you do not have enough commendations, then go to the GTN on your fleet for excellent deals.

I would also like to point out that Nar Shaddaa is mainly for level 20-24 characters. As a level 19 BH, try to avoid mobs always. Things should start to become a little easier when you get your full range of abilities later on, so hang on till then!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Unless you are a tank, always kite your enemies (run around non-stop), never ever ever let them catch you.

Agreed. Check your spec. Check your gear. Have you been PvPing at all? If you have, there's a complete refresh of Armor waiting for you at 20. Weapon and Shield/Generator aren't included, but those are easy enough to get off the GTN. Also, are you light/dark 2 yet? If you are, check out the vendors on fleet that give you Relics. Those will boost your endurance by a nice amount. Make sure you're using the proper buff for your tree. As in Ion for tank etc. Keep Mako well geared, too. She can't heal you as well if she's in crap gear. Powertechs are kinda frustrating in the beginning. It takes a while to get into the swing of things. But keep it up, in a few levels they really start dropping the skills.

Ive been having trouble leveling my power tech and I was wondering if any one has any tips to help.I feel like I should restart my bh entirely and I'm really close to doing it.

Oh and I forgot my power tech is level 19 and barely inching his way through the nar shadda quests please help!

Have you been to Balmorra yet? If not, you should go there before Nar Shaddaa.

• 2 months later...
I would also like to point out that Nar Shaddaa is mainly for level 20-24 characters. As a level 19 BH, try to avoid mobs always. Things should start to become a little easier when you get your full range of abilities later on, so hang on till then!.

That's terrible advice...

He's already underleveled, severely so if he has made significant progress on the planet, he needs to kill as much stuff as possible to catch back up.

You should go back to Balmorra and do the quests that you skipped, including the bonus series, in order to catch back up in levels. Once you're at the level recomended for your current nar shadaa quests, you can continue there if you want - but make sure not to start skipping everything again once you do or you'll just fall behind.

Level 19 and being on Nar Shadda is your problem OP. Of course you'll be having trouble. Go back to Balmorra and finish those quests.

Yep. Simply level up 2 or 3 levels. Do space or WZs of FP if you dont want to return to the previous planet.

I find that Powertech is by far the easiest class to level. Heres a tip: use your AOEs liberally. They are very powerful in levelling.