BiS Gunslinger outfitting

Felli

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in hearing this from a geared gunslinger in PVE....I am presently in full campagin armor, and I just don't really know how to optimize it. Everything has cunning skill augments on it.

like apparently its best to get a 2 piece battlemaster/warhero enforcer set, and remod it with pve 26s for the extra XS flyby time....?

I need direction with all this remodding...the field tech stuff is a TON of patron/hvy endurance modding on it...so what blackhole pieces are good to utilize to bring up my cunning and cut out all that endurance while also keeping my other tech stats solid but upping power/cunning/base dmg?

I play a dirty fighting spec and my stats with buffs are:

I have 21892 hp.....

Like 2100 or 2200 cunning...

Tech:

908 Base Dmg

108% accuracy

42% Crit (when I go too much lower than this, dirty fighting starts to become a drain on energy....)

75% Surge (or whatever that is called...crit bonus thing...)

It definitely helps to have the 2 piece PvP and the 2 piece PvE bonuses instead of the 4 piece PvE.

As far as armorings and set bonuses, only the campaign boots have a Skill Armoring with a PvE bonus, so I would start there. Then either put a crafted/unbound Skill Armoring into an empty Tionese/Columi/Rakata shell, or just use a patron armoring from a different campaign piece to get your 2-set. After that, pick to other slots and get empty Battlemaster shells for that 2-set. Pants are a good candidate for this because you can get some good mods/ehancements and a skill armoring without a set bonus attached from the Black Hole Trappers MK-1. Another choice is to get some armorings crafted.

As far as min/maxing the rest, it really depends on how much you want to spend. This close to Terror From Beyond it is probably not worth spending a lot of Black Hole comms, since you'll need a lot for the new implants. If you are looking to get upgrade from there though...the Menders boots and Trappers boots, gloves, and pants all have good mods and enhancements to extract depending on how you want your stats to go.

Assuming your accuracy is 108% special, you could maybe pick up a little more of that, but otherwise you look good. Just try to replace all the high endurance mods/enhancements with the lower End versions, or try to pick up more power in its place. Mods and enhancements can be relatively cheap to get crafted if you have access to materials from your guild.

Thank you. I am just really trying to figure out my dps issues...whether it be gear, or rotation, etc....on named encounters in HM EC I consistently parse below the sage, sentinel, and vanguard.....on a 5 minute dummy parse I'm around 1660 in Mox....and in HM EC I'm anywhere from 1200 on Zorn/Toth to upwards of 1350ish

Its not from a lack of trying....I feel I'm very efficient and responsive to encounter mechanics....I'm never left NOT doing something...

Edited by Felkroth

Thank you. I am just really trying to figure out my dps issues...whether it be gear, or rotation, etc....on named encounters in HM EC I consistently parse below the sage, sentinel, and vanguard.....on a 5 minute dummy parse I'm around 1660 in Mox....and in HM EC I'm anywhere from 1200 on Zorn/Toth to upwards of 1350ish

Its not from a lack of trying....I feel I'm very efficient and responsive to encounter mechanics....I'm never left NOT doing something...

I have to be honest with you. Even though I hold my own and play well, the gunslinger feels pretty pitiful as one of the only 2 ACs that are PURE DPS. They are not an easy class to play.

I do pretty well with the DF/Sab hybrid build I am using, but still I think it was a poorly designed class.I work MUCH MUCH MUCH harder on this class than any other. And I mean actual work at energy conservation/situational rotations/movement.

P.S.

I play: Vanguard Tank / Sage Healer / Gunslinger / Sentinel / Commando / Scoundrel Healer...all fully end-game geared save one or two mods. So I speak from experience, not from envy.

Edited by DenitharPurloin

While I agree that it takes a lot more work than other classes to do well, you also get a significant payoff. The DPS you *can* pull is amazing. I do not play a Sentinel, so I can't comment from that aspect, but as far as our energy-class counterpart goes, the commando just can't pull the same numbers. Doing "old-school" raids I've been able to pull over 2k DPS on my slinger on almost every fight, whereas its very difficult to get over 1.7k as a commando, maybe a little higher with slightly more maxed our gear. The only time a commando is really going to shine over a gunslinger is where there are phases are multiple AoE burst phases in quick succession, similar to early Kephess (but even then, the long phases of solo will usually allow other classes to surpass them again). Energy regen is ez-mode as a commando though...you hardly have to watch it, which is nice, but I personally enjoy the Gunslingers difficulties. Edited by Synavix

• 2 months later...
While I agree that it takes a lot more work than other classes to do well, you also get a significant payoff. The DPS you *can* pull is amazing. I do not play a Sentinel, so I can't comment from that aspect, but as far as our energy-class counterpart goes, the commando just can't pull the same numbers. Doing "old-school" raids I've been able to pull over 2k DPS on my slinger on almost every fight, whereas its very difficult to get over 1.7k as a commando, maybe a little higher with slightly more maxed our gear. The only time a commando is really going to shine over a gunslinger is where there are phases are multiple AoE burst phases in quick succession, similar to early Kephess (but even then, the long phases of solo will usually allow other classes to surpass them again). Energy regen is ez-mode as a commando though...you hardly have to watch it, which is nice, but I personally enjoy the Gunslingers difficulties.

what kind of gear do you have? crit,surge,acc,bonus dmg?

whats your usual rotation that you hit 2000? i can barely get 1300 and im almost all 61 mods.

what kind of gear do you have? crit,surge,acc,bonus dmg?

whats your usual rotation that you hit 2000? i can barely get 1300 and im almost all 61 mods.

The Ops bosses in KP/EV are different than the Ops dummies on the fleet. Typically, you'll be doing more DPS in the KP/EV fights because of factors like Grav Round, Knight Armor Debuff, Inspiration, and AOEs hitting multiple targets. The only reason DPS takes a dip in combat at times is because of pauses or having to move, something that you don't have to worry about with the Ops dummy.

The better question is what's your spec, gear, and rotation? If you're in full 61s you should be pushing or surpassing 1600 DPS on the Ops dummy.

This is almost how my char looks like atm:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/2e1f9695-ca53-4447-8458-09606584fe6c

Although the chestpiece is actually the Honored Adept's Shroud (which I couldn't pick) and the belt is a different random orange.

That is near BiS 61 mods (with 2x63 barrels and a DG relic thrown in). The only bad things are the mod in my offhand, the 58 mods in my belt, the non orange bracers and my lack of +10 datacron.

Use the exact same setup but with all 61 mods replaced by the same 63 version of it and you should be BiS (or at least very close to it).

EDIT: forgot to add: leggings are actually rakata and the chest armoring is with the PvE set bonus

Giving me as set bonus:

° 1 extra tick of XS Freighter

° +10 energy when using Illegal Mods

Until I get the dummy on my ship I cannot do a parse in case you wanted it though. Fleet is lagging me so much I end up with a terrible 1600 for my gear =/

Edited by crazyBE