Will we ever see Paid Faction Change?

Acento

I would really appreciate some developer feedback on this...a clear answer is the difference between hundreds of hours of time out of my life, or a couple bucks out of my pocket.

I made a Jedi Shadow in anticipation of needing a Republic faction character for HK-51, but what I never anticipated was how much I would actually enjoy playing the AC. My guild is important to me though, and I quickly found myself having to choose between either sacrificing time with them, or ignoring playing a new class that I was really really enjoying.

In the end, playing with my guild-mates won. After spending almost 10 days played getting my Shadow halfway to War Hero, and nearly full BH geared, I chose to pretty much abandon him.

What I really don't want to have to do now is level a Sith Assassin up to 50, and spend all that time on Endgame PvP and PvE just to have the same character I already have worked for. Let me pay for a Faction change! I'm not angry, and this isn't anyone's fault but my own, but this just seems like a convenience option that would be very nice to have somewhere in the future. I would really appreciate just a nibble of information, so as to avoid me really starting to spend time (and my final character slot) on an Assassin :rolleyes:

Question

What was your reason for abandoning him?

Couldn't you have just made another character as well or was this a rule that the Guild has?

No, no guild rules. I guess abandon was a strong word to use...I stopped playing with him because I got tired of missing out on stuff with my Imp buddies because I was off playing my Pub alt.

Not many in my guild have anything to do with the Republic, and efforts to insert myself into a new guild on the Republic side didn't really go that well, which was frustrating. I found myself wishing my Shadow was just an Assassin, so I could play the class I loved with the people I like to play with. That not being possible at the moment, I decided to stop spending so much time playing with him. The reason I didn't make an Assassin is because after almost 10 days played on the Shadow, I find it really discouraging to start from square one again.

By the time they -do- have "Paid Faction Change", you could level up an Assassin and gear him ten-fold. Just do it. If it only took you a week before, another week is nothing. You may even enjoy it more playing with your guildies.

If it lasts that long then yes i definately think it will see a paid faction change.

But it will have to last a very long time because no telling how long it will take these people to figure out how to do it, their track record suggests sometime after 2015.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.