New Sorcerer, please help!

xCad

Hey guys, I came back to SWTOR 2 days ago after a break of 3 months and since I played alot of PvP since game launch both Marauder and Mercenary I said to myself: "...maybe I should give PvE a chance in this game since I never quite tried it after level 50"; all I used to do after 50 was sink myself in WarZones for hours and hours of endless (pointless at that time since there were no Rated ones) grind.

So getting to the point of my thread, can anyone shed some light about what spec. is hot nowadys for a PvE dps. Sorc. (and post the actual spec. if possible)? Madness / Lightning?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I came back to SWTOR 2 days ago after a break of 3 months and since I played alot of PvP since game launch both Marauder and Mercenary I said to myself: "...maybe I should give PvE a chance in this game since I never quite tried it after level 50"; all I used to do after 50 was sink myself in WarZones for hours and hours of endless (pointless at that time since there were no Rated ones) grind.

So getting to the point of my thread, can anyone shed some light about what spec. is hot nowadys for a PvE dps. Sorc. (and post the actual spec. if possible)? Madness / Lightning?

Thanks!

Maddness is a great spec for pve damage lots of dots you can throw around and very little if any casting times :cool:

The lightning spec is good if you want to stand in one spot and be a lightning tower. you have cast time tho.

For maddness specific you probably should stack willpower first above all else since it boost your damage/heals/crits then endurance then stack power on everything (you can never have too much power no cap on it) then surge

If you're comfortable with your skill level you can totally roll into deep lightning and have a pleasurable PVE Experience. It isn't a death wish like in PVP. Like the dude above said though, there are cast times, interruptions, and immobility involved. I still get a lot of satisfaction with the tree in PVE though.