The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ok WHo has the bestest PVP Build

Centures

There are none. Most dps classes will be able to solo you. You can deal with a sorcerer that is about it. Your best damage will come from mortar and high impact bolt. If you want to put fear into the Imps roll a full heal spec scoundrel, they will feel the fear of losing the war zone because of you.

For sheer killing quickly and putting fear in the imps

I have seen so many variations and body settled on 1?

Rock this spec with Eliminator pvp gear. When you get full WH, go with all Power augments and optimize every piece of gear (including Blaster) with War Hero's Agile Mod 26 and War Hero's Adept Enhancement 26. You NEED to have Lucky Shots (+5% Crit buff) active at all times, though. So either level a Smuggler/Imperial Agent for the Legacy buff, or always run with a Smuggler friend.

The only time I ever lose a 1v1 fight is if I have no CD's and they have all theirs. Marauders/Sentinels (the supposed hard-counter for Vanguards/Powertechs) are even laughably easy to beat with correctly timed stuns, using this spec and gear build.

...are you sure you're playing your class right? Because I don't think you are.

Lol, says the numbie in full WH gear. Having fun beating up people in recruit gear? Put most any well geared class besides a sorc against you and you die 1 vs 1. You have zero burst, lousy cool downs, zero mobility, no knockdown, no force speed, you will die against most any competent player in similar gear.

Lol, says the numbie in full WH gear. Having fun beating up people in recruit gear? Put most any well geared class besides a sorc against you and you die 1 vs 1. You have zero burst, lousy cool downs, zero mobility, no knockdown, no force speed, you will die against most any competent player in similar gear.

So... we're grading mobility(30m lightning bolts, with the ability to distance yourself from a pull with force speed), knockbacks(overload), force speed(you specifically say "no sorc" but you add this criteria in) and defensive cooldowns(bubble, knockback, self heals. Yep, no defence at all), BUT, it can't be a sorc?

Sounds legit.

You do realize this is the Vanguard forum right? I'm serious, because how else can you be so wrong? Are you trolling?

Zero burst? Assault Plastique; time it with your high impact bolt, they hit for a good 7k or so in what's effectively one hit. Follow up with a stock strike and in about 1 second you've done 10k damage.

Lousy cooldowns? I don't even know what that means. Vanguard/Powertech is the best dps in the game, what are you so dependent on cooling down that's holding you back?

Zero mobility? Nearly every one of our skills can be used while moving.

No knockdown? True, but why would you need one? We have 2 stuns. We're also one of the two classes that has a pull.

No foce speed. Again, so what? We're the best dps in the game.

If you are dying against equally equipped people, I'm sorry but it's seriously a l2p issue. I pretty much only have problems against juggernauts/guardians (because they constantly deflect my HIB, the jerks). I have a Warlord Marauder in full war hero gear and my Vanguard (also in full war hero) does a good bit more damage and has a whole hell of a lot more utility/usefulness.

If you can't rock face with a Vanguard, you are not playing Vanguard right.

There are none. Most dps classes will be able to solo you. You can deal with a sorcerer that is about it. Your best damage will come from mortar and high impact bolt. If you want to put fear into the Imps roll a full heal spec scoundrel, they will feel the fear of losing the war zone because of you.

Atm i can't tell how good is the vanguard performing at lvl 50, because mine is only lvl 30, but my current experience is that this class is the best for pvp. I can take down every other class 1:1 and i am almost always taking the first place on the scoreboard at the end of the match.

Another thing, the team with most vanguards/powertechs always wins the pvp match :)

My WH Sorcerer and WH Marauder sucks in comparision to the vanguard.

So... we're grading mobility(30m lightning bolts, with the ability to distance yourself from a pull with force speed), knockbacks(overload), force speed(you specifically say "no sorc" but you add this criteria in) and defensive cooldowns(bubble, knockback, self heals. Yep, no defence at all), BUT, it can't be a sorc?

Sounds legit.

What I'm saying is sorces are the most viable class for a Vanguard to solo since they rely on channeled damage and if you get in their face and interrupt they die fast. Other classes don't rely on channeling so much and/or cannot be interrupted. Any Mara/Sin/Op and even sniper will whoop a Vanguard.

You do realize this is the Vanguard forum right? I'm serious, because how else can you be so wrong? Are you trolling?

Zero burst? Assault Plastique; time it with your high impact bolt, they hit for a good 7k or so in what's effectively one hit. Follow up with a stock strike and in about 1 second you've done 10k damage.

Lousy cooldowns? I don't even know what that means. Vanguard/Powertech is the best dps in the game, what are you so dependent on cooling down that's holding you back?

Zero mobility? Nearly every one of our skills can be used while moving.

No knockdown? True, but why would you need one? We have 2 stuns. We're also one of the two classes that has a pull.

No foce speed. Again, so what? We're the best dps in the game.

If you are dying against equally equipped people, I'm sorry but it's seriously a l2p issue. I pretty much only have problems against juggernauts/guardians (because they constantly deflect my HIB, the jerks). I have a Warlord Marauder in full war hero gear and my Vanguard (also in full war hero) does a good bit more damage and has a whole hell of a lot more utility/usefulness.

If you can't rock face with a Vanguard, you are not playing Vanguard right.

1. Burst. Relying on two different attacks to max. crit at the same time are not burst.

2. Lousy cool downs. I'm talking defensive cool downs. Ours generally stink compared to what saber wielding classes get. Critical in 1 vs 1.

3. Zero mobility. As in you will get snared, rooted, knocked down, knocked back and cc'd. You have no means of escape.

4. Stuns. Your stuns are short term and now...short range. They are gimp to what other classes get in terms of cc.

5. You think no force speed is nothing? Sorces/Sins are laughing at you as they bolt away at 20% health and there is nothing you can do about it.

6. Best dps class in game? Excuse me while I throw up a little. How often do you see Vanguards with the highest damage on the leader board? How about never? The only time I see Vanguards among the top medal winners is when they do good protection and decent damage combined.

The fact that your Vanguard is full WH and doing well says nothing about "playing a class right". Beating up on people in lesser gear doesn't mean anything since pvp is so gear-dependent.

Your last statement is just silly since Maras are considered the most OP class for a long time now and are consistently at the top of the leader boards.

The only time I see Vanguards among the top medal winners is when they do good protection and decent damage combined.

People still care about medals? NEWS FLASH! After 3 medals, they're worthless.

1. Burst. Relying on two different attacks to max. crit at the same time are not burst.

Then sir, what is burst, because whether they hit at the same time or not, the effective damage remains the same. People rely on crits for burst? MORE BREAKING NEWS AT 10, now kittens

It's fairly obvious that if you want to shred people you roll Assault, one of the easiest specs to play.

If you want a challenge, try Tactics. I leveled 1-50 as Tactics and still play it to this day. For me, it's one of the most enjoyable specs to play out of all my other characters.

You just won't be burning through droves like Assault. Which I'm pretty sure is what you want.

So go Assault.

6. Best dps class in game? Excuse me while I throw up a little. How often do you see Vanguards with the highest damage on the leader board? How about never? The only time I see Vanguards among the top medal winners is when they do good protection and decent damage combined.

The fact that your Vanguard is full WH and doing well says nothing about "playing a class right". Beating up on people in lesser gear doesn't mean anything since pvp is so gear-dependent.

Your last statement is just silly since Maras are considered the most OP class for a long time now and are consistently at the top of the leader boards.

I don't know what to tell you. It is painfully obvious you don't do Ranked Warzones and that you don't have any real experience with high level PvP. I don't know what server you're on that you're not seeing vanguards/powertechs on top of the damage leaderboards, but I'm guessing it's a PvE server?

And no, I'm not talking about my full war hero going against recruits. In high level ranked warzones, where everyone has at least War Hero if not fully optimized War Hero, the vast majority of the time the top 4 dps in the warzone are the 2 vanguards/powertechs on each team.

If you think Maras are the most OP class, then again, you just need to PvP more.

I don't know what to tell you. It is painfully obvious you don't do Ranked Warzones and that you don't have any real experience with high level PvP. I don't know what server you're on that you're not seeing vanguards/powertechs on top of the damage leaderboards, but I'm guessing it's a PvE server?

And no, I'm not talking about my full war hero going against recruits. In high level ranked warzones, where everyone has at least War Hero if not fully optimized War Hero, the vast majority of the time the top 4 dps in the warzone are the 2 vanguards/powertechs on each team.

If you think Maras are the most OP class, then again, you just need to PvP more.

I play on a PvE server and I don't play ranked because it's just not that popular. I don't understand why you think ranked or unranked has anything to do with it. You are going to see a repeating pattern if you play enough....regardless of the skill/gear bracket. I can tell you without a doubt that I rarely see Vanguards among the top dps. That spot is reserved for Sents/Shadows/Sages on the Republic side. Your opinion is no more relevant than mine. I will say that I sometimes see PT's scoring high, but there are 5 arsenal mercs for every PT and let me tell you these mercs are responsible for some very high scores...as they were meant to be. I often see Maras/Mercs/Sins scoring 500K plus in damage (they are playing on the winning team of course). I can't remember the last time I saw a Vanguard posting scores like this. Even when I played tactics spec and went all-out dps, I would be lucky to hit 350k damage (this was during a heal-fest) match.

On a side note, if you go read the PvP forums (I'm sure you do), you will see how many Mara/Sent OP complaints there are. Can't say the same about Vanguards.

I play on a PvE server and I don't play ranked because it's just not that popular. I don't understand why you think ranked or unranked has anything to do with it. You are going to see a repeating pattern if you play enough....regardless of the skill/gear bracket. I can tell you without a doubt that I rarely see Vanguards among the top dps. That spot is reserved for Sents/Shadows/Sages on the Republic side. Your opinion is no more relevant than mine. I will say that I sometimes see PT's scoring high, but there are 5 arsenal mercs for every PT and let me tell you these mercs are responsible for some very high scores...as they were meant to be. I often see Maras/Mercs/Sins scoring 500K plus in damage (they are playing on the winning team of course). I can't remember the last time I saw a Vanguard posting scores like this. Even when I played tactics spec and went all-out dps, I would be lucky to hit 350k damage (this was during a heal-fest) match.

On a side note, if you go read the PvP forums (I'm sure you do), you will see how many Mara/Sent OP complaints there are. Can't say the same about Vanguards.

You don't understand why I think ranked or unranked has anything to do with it because of my primary argument:

You are extremely inexperienced in PvP which limits your ability to understand the reality of PvP, which is that Vanguard/Powertech is the top dog in dps at the moment.

In contrast, since I've been in beta over a year ago, just about all I do is PvP. I've never run an operation. I've played thousands of warzones. I've played hundreds of ranked warzones. And from that experience I can tell you that Vanguards and Powertechs are the top dog. They consistently do the most damage in both warzones. As I said earlier, in a typical ranked wz, the 2 vanguards/powertechs on each side are typically the top 4 in damage. I routinely do over 500k damage. In a slugfest of a wz I'll typically do over 800k damage.

Your say mercs/commandos are decent. Again that shows your inexperience. In high level ranked WZ's it's very rare to see a merc/commando because at the moment they suck.

There are usually 4 slots in a ranked team for dps - nearly every team fills at least 2 of those slots with vanguards/powertechs. One is usually a sentinel/marauder for the speed boost. The last is often a 3rd vanguard.

So when all the top teams prefer vanguard in 50-75% of their dps slots, do you really think your lack of experience in this matter is enough to refute these people who PvP a heck of a lot more than you?

As for your side note, yes, a lot of people complain about Mara/Sents. That's because they're like you - they have very little PvP experience and yet they present their findings like they know what they're talking about.

Edited by Reek