The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Word on chat bubbles?

ZirusZero

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I, for one, completely ignore the chat window unless I have a specific reason to look at it. Why? Have you tried to say anything on a fleet station and keep up with any kind of response? If you don't group you don't catch anything but inane thing wagging about who's better at pvp and 'wanna sell, wanna buy'. I don't log in to sit staring at the window in the corner of the screen that you can't even follow.

Uhh, I have chat filters and several chat windows I set up. That doesn't happen to me.

I also change channel colors for visual representation so I can organize my streams.

I've spent days watching network traffic over wireshark. I know how to stream.

Uhh, I have chat filters and several chat windows I set up. That doesn't happen to me.

I also change channel colors for visual representation so I can organize my streams.

I've spent days watching network traffic over wireshark. I know how to stream.

Yep, you can be as good as you like with chat-boxes............. but you'll still never notice people speaking if you're just looking at their character with chat-boxes, you will with chat-bubbles.

Chat bubbles were in beta. Servers lagged to the extreme and the devs felt it was not very immersive (im guessing, since they are a bunch of rp carebears)....thus, they were removed in beta and will not likely return.

THIS^

Also they had damn well better fix Kira's lightsaber bug and the music that never plays before we get Chat Bubbles back.

Yep, you can be as good as you like with chat-boxes............. but you'll still never notice people speaking if you're just looking at their character with chat-boxes, you will with chat-bubbles.

I can read names, can't I?

I have situational awareness of who is near me in spatial channels, don't I?

I can read names, can't I?

I have situational awareness of who is near me in spatial channels, don't I?

But if you're not looking at the chat-box you can't see them talking, with chat-bubbles you can whilst looking at the characters in question.

There's no getting away from this. :)

I mentioned in this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5092710#post5092710 that soon the majority of the playerbase would be attacking chat bubbles.

Man was i ever right, a few more months and there wil not be any threads like this anymore as stuff like chat Bubbles will just not be a popular request.

If you dont like to play flashpoints and warzones, there are other games available. Everquest is a decent place to RP.