The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Word on chat bubbles?

ZirusZero

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chat bubbles were in beta. Servers lagged to the extreme and the devs felt it was not very immersive (im guessing, since they are a bunch of rp carebears)....thus, they were removed in beta and will not likely return.

wouldn't an RP carebear WANT chat bubbles in the game? I mean really that's who keeps asking for this feature. . .the RPers. lol

do you think an RPer wants to sit and stare at the chat window to be able to talk to someone. or have to sort through 50+ other people talking on the fleet. just to see the /say messages that are being said in the middle Cantina area

I dont think you know this game or it's players at all :p

Chat bubbles were in beta. Servers lagged to the extreme and the devs felt it was not very immersive (im guessing, since they are a bunch of rp carebears)....thus, they were removed in beta and will not likely return.

One of the things I was happy that BW did in Beta.

I dont think you know this game or it's players at all :p

I only pvp, and since i can't talk to the other faction, and try to ignore the horrible bads that are on my team in warzones, its possible you are correct sir. I do know the game though, know its very disappointing.

I only pvp, and since i can't talk to the other faction, and try to ignore the horrible bads that are on my team in warzones, its possible you are correct sir. I do know the game though, know its very disappointing.

You do know this game is a PvE game is a splash of PvP right? I think it's time to look for greener pastures if you're a true PvPer. GW2 is epic(I'm leveling up a Thief right now), you should give it a try to satisfy your PvP needs. Cause if you're satisfied by the PvP here. . .well. . .lol

it didn't really answer my question, but begs another, what do chat bubbles do to improves Role Playing?

The answer to your question is that it is important because people care about it. In this case the group of people who care about it are RPers. I don't know how it improves roleplaying so I can't answer this question.

Edited by Vandicus

it didn't really answer my question, but begs another, what do chat bubbles do to improves Role Playing?

If you had read through the thread. instead of just stomping your foot down and saying 'HEY this doesn't help me why do we need it' then you already would have known the answer to that

do you think an RPer wants to sit and stare at the chat window to be able to talk to someone. or have to sort through 50+ other people talking on the fleet. just to see the /say messages that are being said in the middle Cantina area

I'm sure my explaination isn't the best in the world, and I'm sure there are other reasons why RPers want this feature. But it should give you an idea of how it breaks immersion and can make it quite confusing for an RPer to simply talk to another person in a crowded area.

I heard a story one time about an RP event in a cantina and no one could talk to anyone because there was too much stuff being said, no one could follow anything that the person in front of them was saying because they had so many other people talking in the same chat box

If you had read through the thread. instead of just stomping your foot down and saying 'HEY this doesn't help me why do we need it' then you already would have known the answer to that

I'm sure my explaination isn't the best in the world, and I'm sure there are other reasons why RPers want this feature. But it should give you an idea of how it breaks immersion and can make it quite confusing for an RPer to simply talk to another person in a crowded area.

I heard a story one time about an RP event in a cantina and no one could talk to anyone because there was too much stuff being said, no one could follow anything that the person in front of them was saying because they had so many other people talking in the same chat box

how are chat bubble going to fix that problem? if you are in a cantina with a good amount of people all with chat bubbles how are you going to read what the person you are talking to is say when it is obscured by someone else chat bubble.

We need more chat tabs, one for local chat, one for world chat and one for group/guild chat, another for specifically speaking to an individual.

how are chat bubble going to fix that problem? if you are in a cantina with a good amount of people all with chat bubbles how are you going to read what the person you are talking to is say when it is obscured by someone else chat bubble.

We need more chat tabs, one for local chat, one for world chat and one for group/guild chat, another for specifically speaking to an individual.

because you can focus in on the chat bubble directly above the person's head you want to listen to?

sure if you have 5000 people squeezed into a 5 by 5 room it's gonna be difficult. but 50 or so people in one of their big cantinas is PLENTY of room to spread out

Word. On by default though.

Agreed. This could resolve the lag issue they had in beta if they could work it to have an on/off toggle, much like setting how many people show up on screen. The people who have it on would still experience the additional lag(until they fix it) but at least it would be available to them. Course I could be totally wrong about the on/off toggle restricting the additional lag to those who have it toggled on, no idea how the game would handle it.

I wonder how many more threads we would have about people griping about performance and the game engine with they added chat bubbles..

If they do add them.. They should be default off and then come with a disclaimer when you turn them on.. Not that anyone would read the disclaimer..

I for one don't care one way or the other.. As long as I can turn them off, that is all that matters.. I hated them in WOW... I can't see how that will be any different here..

I wonder how many more threads we would have about people griping about performance and the game engine with they added chat bubbles..

If they do add them.. They should be default off and then come with a disclaimer when you turn them on.. Not that anyone would read the disclaimer..

I for one don't care one way or the other.. As long as I can turn them off, that is all that matters.. I hated them in WOW... I can't see how that will be any different here..

For actual in-game interactions they help, otherwise you may as well be using a seperate chat program.

Once again, how is it SWG could do almost all the things people are complaining about BACK THEN, and Bio/EA can't do it now???!!! I really miss that game...

So do I. I sincerely hope SWTOR takes on at least a few SEG features: chat bubbles and camp sites would be simple additions that would add so much...