The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Missing a lot

Apollone

I recently replaced my last accuracy enhancement with a shield one since everyone keeps saying that jugg tanks don't need accuracy but I noticed a huge difference in threat generation because I miss way too often. We are currently progressing through EC HM and we've wiped three times because Stormcaller kept turning and cleaving the dps. I wish it was a bug but judging by constant miss, miss, dodge, miss, dodge messages I'm pretty confident that it was a legitimate aggro pull. My accuracy is 91% and my str is 1691 (if it at all matters).

Don't really know what I'm asking here but any tips would be welcome. Thanks!

I am also juggernaut tank progressing through ec hm and I will tell you that if you have low accuracy and have problems with threat, try using aoe taunt / taunt from time to time when you see many of those misses in row.

But in my opinion if you replace some shield with accuracy your suurvivability shouldnt drop down drastically, and your agroo generation will be much better, making fights much more comfortable for you. Also think about going hybrid spec, which lets you do more dps while keeping almost the same, or even slightly better survivability.

Dont forget about using guard and tell your dpsers to implement threat reduction abilities to their rotations. it might help a lot aswell.

Edited by Senali

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101hMGzu0MZcGRRMhz0MZ0M.2

Try this.

What it gives you is a - Shien form, which you can use when you are in a role of off tank and need to do more dps.

- 3 % of additional accuracy

- 20 % of damage reduction 4 seconds after force charge (very useful in fights like toth / zorn or stormcaller / firebrand

- 4 % all damage reduction + additional 15 % after using enraged defense (use it only if you have a taunt or mass taunt ready tough, as this may make you loose agroo - bu it still a nice cooldown in heavy situations).

You do not have to use some silly hybrid spec or get accuracy.

Guard the highest dps then just toss a sabre, jump in, smash, single target taunt, attack some, area taunt, attack some more, single target taunt again. You are now well ahead of anyone else. Happy sailing.

Edited by Dhariq

I guess it's just a matter of personal choice and playstyle you like. If you do like using taunts and implement them in your rotation - probably no accuracy or hybrid spec is needed.

If you prefer to just focus on dpsing boss and use taunt situationally, try it.

Edited by Robbipl

I recently replaced my last accuracy enhancement with a shield one since everyone keeps saying that jugg tanks don't need accuracy but I noticed a huge difference in threat generation because I miss way too often. We are currently progressing through EC HM and we've wiped three times because Stormcaller kept turning and cleaving the dps. I wish it was a bug but judging by constant miss, miss, dodge, miss, dodge messages I'm pretty confident that it was a legitimate aggro pull. My accuracy is 91% and my str is 1691 (if it at all matters).

Don't really know what I'm asking here but any tips would be welcome. Thanks!

the perception of Jugg's not needing accuracy grew from the early columi days when (and still) Bio had stacked TONS of accuracy on our gear. So accuracy got demonized, and people tried to avoid it as much as possible.

But with BH and campaign gear available nowadays, and all the mods available without accuracy, you don't have to just Shun it. It sill is an important stat, but it is like hit in WoW...or any other stats of its kind. once you get to the threshold with the stat, you simply don't need any more.

But prior to that threshold, it can be an important stat, as you've noticed. the threshold you want is 100% accuracy. some say you can get by with 96 or greater. I currently have 97, and it seems to do me fine. the only other source of accuracy we have other then gear is the talent in the Vengeance tree, so the choice is up to you. Personally, I would rather spend a few points in a talent that gives you a solid percentage boost then to have to itemize it in your gear. because you can always get more power and crit in your gear....but you can't get it from talents.

so you may want to throw back in a few enhancements with accuracy on them. or add the talent into your build. or a combination of both I tend to run with just one point in the talent now. But I used to have 3, back when my gear was not as good.