Opinions on dual weilding?

TwistedTony

Anyone who claims it isn't iconic enough for the SWU is obviously basing their definition of iconic solely on the movies.

Quoting this for truth. Theres lot of other sources besides the movies.

ps. Marauders have pretty much the bestlooking armor.. Except the warhero one that looks like green lantern. And possibly campaign cause I cant remember what it looks like right now. Battlemaster gear aka Darth Marr-look looks good. I hear what you say about skirts though. But at least maras get SOME goodlooking armor unlike some.

Edited by Karkais

• 4 weeks later...
It is extremely effective. You gain a ton of offensive power by using 2 sabers, but you trade off a loss in defense. Jar'kai and Niman are brutal and effective and many people have fallen trying to go up against masters of these styles.

What I have always wondered about lightsaber combat is why Jedi/Sith don't use a technique that involves igniting and shutting the saber off throughout combat as a tactical advantage. Think about it, we are in a saber lock, I suddenly shut off my saber, spin off, re-ignite and lop your bloomin head off or I go to act like I'm blocking an attack, shut my saber off, dodge away and bring my saber into an open area while re-igniting.

Anyone no of this happening in canon or have sources to show why Jedi/Sith do not do this?

I always wondererd this too.

In a lightsabre dual, an enemy tries to block your strike, simply turn the light sabre off then back on... = win... so simple.....

"but its to slow to decrease and extend the blade" - well with all that tech and 1000s of years of civilization, make the ligthsabres better then.... that's what we do right now with weapons when they are not good enough, we design them to be better.

For those saying dual wielding never appeared in the movies as a primary form I'd like to point out in Attack of the Clones in the background during the Arena a Jedi can be seen dual wielding until his death *not on camera far as I can tell* from start to finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmR1ee223zQ 7:09 is the first appearance 7:34 is a much better view and it appears throughout

My main problem is that all the jedi-including star wars books I've read repeatedly state that nobody is or can be good enough to weild two full sized lightsabers.

I though that was odd, because that's the way I usually played KOTOR in my early days (I always go single, now), and we saw Anakin do it, but it was said so much I figgured retconning was in effect.

Now, it's as common as the day is long. A single saber can't compete damage wise with dual sabers, and my brain insists on trying to reconcile what I've read with what I see. It's not working.

Duel wielding has its place. Its a high risk style that is generally not recommended by serious practitioners of melee combat. .

A thousand time this. I'm by no means a master swordsman, but I am a dammed good sword and board fighter in my SCA company. I've yet to meet a Florentine fighter that can hold up to proper offensive shield fighting.

A lot a ppl say it's not iconic. Some ppl don't care. Thoughts?

have these people not seen ventress, a well established SW character and she always uses duel wields sabers.

sure in the films we only see anikan and technically grievous duel wield but the duel wield is still as iconic as the chiss who arnt seen in the films.