The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who would win Vader or Malgus?

Tegija

Lightsaber abilities:

Darth Malgus is a powerhouse duellist whom likely mastered Form V duelling.

Sith Emperor has only basic capabilities with a lightsaber as stated in the Revan novel.

Darth Malgus wins.

Combat-applicable Force powers:

Darth Malgus has lightning, Telekinesis, Force Rage, Force Scream, Force Crush, Force Maelstrom.

Sith Emperor has more powerful Lightning, basic illusions, Mind Domination(can be resisted), telekinesis.

Darth Malgus wins.

Darth Malgus is by long and far the better combatant, the HoT defeating the Emperor's Voice doesn't mean he/she should automatically beat every other Sith in the Empire in a battle.

There's more to consider, but I can agree that Malgus would probably win.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently you have no idea of the definition of a troll,among other things.

Because ''*censored*'' is an insult?As a response to someone that is trying to prove that Malgus > Vitiate?

P.S i am trying real hard here to not call things with their real name,because of the forum rules of conduct

So your telling me that if I called you a son of *censored* it would all be OK? Don't be ridiculous, of course Rayla took offense to that. I would to. It takes a person with half a brain to fill in the gaps. And the intention of that post seemed nothing more than to deliberately antagonise her. Certainly had that effect.

Nor does it matter what her opinion is (which is by no means ridiculous) she's backed it up with evidence - more so than can be said of you in the past - have some respect.

I also don't approve of you calling Selenial names either, it's patrolling, and pointless aggravating.

If you do not believe that you are in fact "trolling" then prove it by stopping this behavior.

Regardless, your insulting people, the term I use to highlight this fact is irrelevant. Stop. Or leave.

Edited by Beniboybling

It's curious why would you focus on the more irrelevant part of my post,and not the reason of my stunned reaction.

Apparently you people are more interested on manners and ways of reasoning,even if the point that is being talked about is among the most bizzare of them.

Also, the fact that you and the rest of the color team have decided to erect tents in this forum section,and that you are the main participants in it in a way that it feels like a fraternity chit-chat , doesn't mean i owe you anything,respect included.

Edited by Kaedusz

It's curious why would you focus on the more irrelevant part of my post,and not the reason of my stunned reaction.

Apparently you people are more interested on manners and ways of reasoning,even if the point that is being talked about is among the most bizzare of them.

Also, the fact that you and the rest of color team have decided to erect tents in this forum section,and you are the main participants doesn't mean i owe you anything,respect included.

Yes, we are. If you are incapable of having a courteous discussion, we have no interest in what you have to say.

And we are not demanding respect because we feel we are 'better' than you. You should have respect for everyone's opinions if they make an effort to back it up with evidence and reason. Here, and in every other aspect of your life. Clearly that is a lesson you have yet to learn, as you continue to insist on petty name calling.

The frightening thing is you are actually not trolling and some of the ideas included Malgus> Vitiate,among others are looked at for real.

Also forget about me,i made my position clear before.

However shall i remind you about the Revan fanboys bashing when i called you and @Aurbere cute and also ''rabble'' event from before.There are also many others cases with similar undercover subtext.It's a clearly a fraternity chit-chat,arguments and reasoning have little to do with it.

Edited by Kaedusz

The frightening thing is you are actually not trolling and some of the ideas included Malgus> Vitiate,among others are looked at for real.

However shall i remind you about the Revan fanboys bashing when i called you and @Aurbere cute and also ''rabble'' event from before.There are also many others cases with similar undercover subtext.It's a clearly a fraternity chit-chat,arguments and reasoning have little to do with it.

Who cares if we have a SIDD conversation from time to time? None of us are on the same server (from what I know) so can you blame us?

We still disagree with each other and take arguments and fact over out forum friendship. I'll happily tell Beni he's an idiot if he turns round and says Dooku > Sidious.

I'd then proceed to send a medical team to his adress because "dat ain't right!"

Point is, we might joke around but we still take debates as the most serious and important part of any thread.

Cease these petty attempts to excuse your behaviour, you need to distinguish the difference between personal attacks and generalised joking. If anyone took offense to my comment I'd apologise and explain I was not being serious.

I see no such apology from you.

So if you are not going to apologise or stop acting like a child then I strongly suggest you go elsewhere - because nobody is going to listen to or respond well to your mud slinging. That should be quite obvious to you right now.

EDIT: I not interested in what you have to say in response, so don't waste your breath.

Edited by Beniboybling

Lore wise Darth Vader would win. In my opinion Darth Vader would win simply because I liked Darth Vader better.

Darth Vader was a true believer in the force. He believed it was the most powerful in the galaxy and that fueled his strength.

Malgus did believe in the power of the force but he was corrupted by illusions of a new empire. (though darth vader wanted to rule the galaxy with luke which is essentially contradictory to what I said earlier of Darth Vader's strong belief in the force). Though in the false emperor. Malgus did directly battle his attackers. he put his army and a mandelorean clan before them.

Every-time Darth Vader fought someone he confronted them directly. So he has a plus of not being cowardly when his enemy comes around.

In the final battle Malgus set his space station on self destruct to essentially strike fear in those he was dueling.

Darth Vader didnt set the death star on self destruct. But he did fight Luke with a battle going on outside that ultimately destroyed the deathstar.

These are just things ive picked up.they dont really mean anything but its just stuff im pointing out

Cease these petty attempts to excuse your behaviour, you need to distinguish the difference between personal attacks and generalised joking. If anyone took offense to my comment I'd apologise and explain I was not being serious.

You can't hide the subtext by calling it a joke.Still why would you apologize to these people?I am not holding it against you in principle. I just used it to make a point.

nobody is going to respond well to your mud slinging.

I would be disappointed if you did

I see no such apology from you.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Happy now? :rak_grin:

Edited by Kaedusz

Meh, back to topic Malgus is overrated. If he really could beat the Emperor, then why did he wait til AFTER the Emperor was presumed dead to start his rebellion, Why did he refuse to go and face a weakened and insane Revan himself on the Foundry? Why didn't he challenge Darth Angral directly when he was protecting Lord Adrass after what he did to his wife? Why did he kill Adrass and not go after Angral or even cover it up from him?

Malgus's best kill? Ven Zallow Jedi Battlemaster, Kao Cen Darach Jedi Battlemaster

Great Hunt Champion's best confirmed kill? Jun Seros Jedi Battlemaster

Sith Warrior's best kills? Darth Baras DC Member, Emperor's Voice, Lord Draahg (easily beat a DC member), Darth Vengean DC member (and the main sith who would be commanding Malgus since he was the head of the Sphere of Military offense) Darth Ekkage (former DC member) and the list goes on.

Revan's best kills? Darth Nyriss DC member whom overpowered both The Exile and Lord Scourge together, Darth Malak (may I also point out that Revan is the only being in existence whom The Emperor actually fears.)

Also as far as game mechanics go you think Jarg and Sorno are stronger than Malgus? You think any of the Dread Masters solo are stronger than Malgus? cause according to mechanics it takes 8-16ppl to down those guys as opposed to Malgus's mere four whom probably didn't even need to all be there to beat him.

As far as the Emperor's mind domination keep in mind that no being has been able to resist his power the 1st time EVER!! Not Revan, not Malak, not any of the DC's tht he purged, not even the HOT and his strike team. Also all 6 of the Dread Masters together bowed only to him as the stronger being. He went quiet and they left.

• 2 weeks later...
Malgus simply because of two things, he is faster than Vader and is proficient with force lightning, which is basically Vader's lethal injection.

Malgus isn't faster than Vader for one, and secondly Vader has tanked Lightning summoned by a force user strong enough to rip entire ATAT's apart. So no, Malgus has zero advantages over Vader.

I personally believe that Vader EU in comparison to what he is supposed to represent in the movie sagas is inaccurate, considering that his overpowered creation in the EU ruins the actual point of the prophecy in the movies.

However, if we're discounting the inaccuracies, then Vader wins. Simply listed in the feats above such as Vader tanking lightning, he has no weakness that Malgus could exploit, such as Darth Maul being capable of winning for superior athleticism and lightsaber combat style.

The two are relatively the same type of fighter, so the decisive factor falls to the feats they accomplish. Where Vader's exaggerated story breaking power is more than the few pieces of content in regards to Malgus' real strength.

As for whoever tried to make a point that the Dread Masters' power can be based off game operation mechanics, lol. Game mechanics mean nothing, story wise, it is easily just as reasonable that Cipher Nine or Mandalore killed them alone, let alone 8 Darth Nox's or 16 Emperor's Wrathes.

Edited by ZooMzy

• 1 year later...