Who would win Vader or Malgus?

Tegija

Vader wins. Why? He is the Chosen One. Greatest practitioner of Djem So (I believe Plo Koon is number two with that form). Need I go on. Malgus may be powerful, but Vader is a walking tank with legs. He survived Palpatine's Force Lightning, the most powerful lightning ever. How long could Malgus withstand Lightning that could bend a lightsaber? A minute? Five minutes? Not long I assure you.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did u get that from, I though it was Yoda, or possibly Anakin (who had the highest midi-chlorian count ever recorded - higher that yoda's)

Luke becomes the most powerful being ever to exist post-ROTJ. But I believe Yoda is the wisest Jedi ever.

Did you not see my earlier post? It took 8 jedi just to wound Vader and still he killed them all. Also I took a look at his abilities on Wookiepedia and found this:

"As Darth Vader, Skywalker was believed to have had roughly eight-tenths of the strength of the Emperor. But even still, Vader wielded tremendous power and skill - more than even the venerable Master Yoda. Had he sustained none of his injuries on Mustafar, he would have been even more powerful than the Emperor."

Eight-tenths of the strength of the Emperor - the most powerful sith lord that ever lived (not to mention still being more powerful than the greatest jedi that ever lived). Malgus wouldn't stand a chance.

Edited by Beniboybling

Everyone here wants vader to win for their love of the original trilogy, but it took 4 men to throw Malgus down a pit. He may not even be dead.

Vader is a Sith juggernaut, and Malgus is a cross between all 4 Sith (advanced) classes.

Malgus would win, just by sheer power.

Vader destroys Malgus. Vader is canoncially the second most powerful Sith Lord. And since Malgus is a Sith Lord, that means Vader wins.

Where did u get that from, I though it was Yoda, or possibly Anakin (who had the highest midi-chlorian count ever recorded - higher that yoda's)

George Lucas, he has stated many times that Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever and that Anakin would have been had he not turned to the darkside and lost the Mustafar duel. Sidious is also the most powerful Sith ever according to George Lucas.

Malgus got his *** kicked by a trooper almost and bested by satelle shan (sp?)

Vader by a long shot.

As much as I love Malgus, Vader would totally destroy him.

Lorewise, Vader is more powerful than anything the Old Republic era can throw at him.

Revan perhaps or the current emperor.

Malgus got his *** kicked by a trooper almost and bested by satelle shan (sp?)

Vader by a long shot.

Revan perhaps or the current emperor.

Oh no.. now they are going to show up

Edited by Airmo

I'm not going to start an argument about Revan... :(

Of course not dear.. but you know who I mean..them.. but it's good you wont..because I agree with him. Revan was the second Chosen One after all, and a master at all forms of combat and makes The Exile his b-...

I'M KIDDING *Flame shields up at full strength*

But seriously.. how many times has it been said on the forums that pretty much everyone in the Old Republic era cant stand up to anyone from the movies? It's not really fair to put them up against such force gods.

Of course not dear.. but you know who I mean..them.. but it's good you wont..because I agree with him. Revan was the second Chosen One after all, and a master at all forms of combat and makes The Exile his b-...

But seriously.. how many times has it been said on the forums that pretty much everyone in the Old Republic era cant stand up to anyone from the movies? It's not really fair to put them up against such force gods.

Now that second part is true. I would rather put Revan up against someone in the same era. Maybe Bane.

Now that second part is true. I would rather put Revan up against someone in the same era. Maybe Bane.

Maybe.. Darth Revan and Malak vs Bane and his apprentice? Zannah, I think? honestly can't remember the name right now.

Everyone here wants vader to win for their love of the original trilogy, but it took 4 men to throw Malgus down a pit. He may not even be dead.

Vader is a Sith juggernaut, and Malgus is a cross between all 4 Sith (advanced) classes.

Malgus would win, just by sheer power.

Im pretty sure everyone wants Vader to win to keep with canon.

If you read up on some of what Vader achieved, you would know he is no pushover. He really is a total ******. It took four men to kill(?) Malgus? Vader took on around six Jedi, one of which was armed with a Cortosis blade, and took them to pieces. He also stabbed -himself- through the torso once, in order to kill a ressurected Darth Maul. And the final words between them were epic.

Picture this:

<Maul, standing over an exhausted, wounded Vader>

Maul: <Laughs, raising his blade to finish Vader> "What could you possibly hate enough to defeat me?" (Sith gain power through hate)

Vader: "Myself!" <Plunges his Lightsaber through his own torso, impaling Maul standing behind him>

Now I'm not 100% sure that's accepted as EU cannon (like Obi-Wan vs. Robotic Maul on Tatooine), but those two lines solidify how much of a ****** Vader is in my mind.

Fanboi alert

If you read up on some of what Vader achieved, you would know he is no pushover. He really is a total ******. It took four men to kill(?) Malgus? Vader took on around six Jedi, one of which was armed with a Cortosis blade, and took them to pieces. He also stabbed -himself- through the torso once, in order to kill a ressurected Darth Maul. And the final words between them were epic.

Picture this:

<Maul, standing over an exhausted, wounded Vader>

Maul: <Laughs, raising his blade to finish Vader> "What could you possibly hate enough to defeat me?" (Sith gain power through hate)

Vader: "Myself!" <Plunges his Lightsaber through his own torso, impaling Maul standing behind him>

Now I'm not 100% sure that's accepted as EU cannon (like Obi-Wan vs. Robotic Maul on Tatooine), but those two lines solidify how much of a ****** Vader is in my mind.

Epic.

Vader is an extremist, he'll kill himself if it meant killing his enemies. Which is unlike most Sith who think their lives are so precious...

Vader just doesnt care, his life is already screwed over.

Epic.

Vader is an extremist, he'll kill himself if it meant killing his enemies. Which is unlike most Sith who think their lives are so precious...

I don't know if you have played the Sith Warrior, but at one part

You are standing next to a bomb and the guy who holds the detonator is in front of you, and he is about to use it, but does your SW bat an eye? Does the SW try to run or hide to protect themselves? No, they stand their ground while the trigger is pulled.

So to me, not all sith are about protecting their own "precious" lives, and in fact many of them are willing to go to any lengths to end their opponent. For that matter many people do this too, sacrificing themselves for a cause they believe in, in order to accomplish a goal that would otherwise never come to fruition.

So is this unique? No. Does it make him less of a BAMF? No. Just wanting to keep things in perspective.

Edited by Reynaga

Epic.

Ehhh, im not sold on Vader being more extreme than Malgus, that fight between him and Maul wasnt canon and if you've read "SWTOR : Decieved" you'd come to realize Malgus would kill himself if he were the last person alive in the galaxy.....to prove he was strong enough to. His hate and rage really isnt satisfiable. Vader had comon sense and a want for power and order, Malgus seems to be more an engine of destruction and conflict.

Sure Vader curb stomps him, but he'll have to choke every midichlorian out of him to stop him.

Ehhh, im not sold on Vader being more extreme than Malgus, that fight between him and Maul wasnt canon and if you've read "SWTOR : Decieved" you'd come to realize Malgus would kill himself if he were the last person alive in the galaxy.....to prove he was strong enough to. His hate and rage really isnt satisfiable. Vader had comon sense and a want for power and order, Malgus seems to be more an engine of destruction and conflict.

Sure Vader curb stomps him, but he'll have to choke every midichlorian out of him to stop him.

The fight between Vader and Maul is canon. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection behind the scenes say Chee confirmed it was canon in his blog.

Edited by Tuscad

I don't know if you have played the Sith Warrior, but at one part

You are standing next to a bomb and the guy who holds the detonator is in front of you, and he is about to use it, but does your SW bat an eye? Does the SW try to run or hide to protect themselves? No, they stand their ground while the trigger is pulled.

So to me, not all sith are about protecting their own "precious" lives, and in fact many of them are willing to go to any lengths to end their opponent. For that matter many people do this too, sacrificing themselves for a cause they believe in, in order to accomplish a goal that would otherwise never come to fruition.

So is this unique? No. Does it make him less of a BAMF? No. Just wanting to keep things in perspective.

I disagree, most sith a very afraid of dying. The emperor for one:

His whole plan of wiping out all life in the galaxy is based solely on the fact that by doing this their is nobody that can possibly kill him, he's extremely paranoid

Most, if not all sith are concerned with their own self-preservation - they never sacrifice themselves, only others, their entire philosophy is based on fear. And I think there's a difference between standing off against a guy with a thermal denator (running away would just be down right pathetic) and stabbing yourself in the chest to kill someone.