The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP DPS-Tank Hybrid Spec?

Black-Cell

Does anyone know of any DPS spec with Tank features, be it via skill tree or type of gear combinations? The reason is to not be top damage, or top protection, but to be more versatile in achieving objectives to WIN (i.e. surviving just a little bit longer on turret, wall, etc)

I've been doing minor experimenting. I'm pure assault spec (4-4-33, or something like that), full warhero eliminator gear with mostly Aim augments and a few Power, and I wanna get into tanking.

The first thing I did was got a shield gen with my eliminator set and I noticed a difference right away. With the shield gen, and Ion Cell active, I was able to take a little bit more damage, and obviously my damage outpout was slightly decreased. This got me more MVP votes consistently. I would switch to Ion Cell when approaching a big battle and periodically popped guard in heated moments to help keep up our healer, thereby causing all of us to stay alive long enough to out-last the enemy team.

Anyway, instead of experimenting, I was wondering if anyone knows of existing combinations of certain spec tree's and gear. Has anyone tried something like this: 25-3-11 Tree, with Dps, or Tank gear???

Edited by Black-Cell
Revision

Well since shield and absorb work on so few attacks in PvP, you can't really be a tank, however you can increase your hit points via super commando gear and augments, this will allow you to soak up more damage when guarding a healer. The smartest thing you can do is just guard a healer and stay close (can be difficult at times), if you can do decent damage and yield 100k protection you will always be getting lots of medals.

full tactics with ion cell is a possible build (9/31/1, completely ignoring high energy cell and with neural overload skilled). you will still do good damage while the ion cell let you survive much longer. as a bonus you get "hold the line", which is awesome. its a good build for a non rated bg, altough i would not use it for a rated team.