The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What is the planet that you hate?

EzioAdam

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quesh, the unfinished planet. Not that I hate it, but strongly dislike. Quests apparently don't have companion affection changes attached, planet is very small, most of class quests on that crappy rock could as well be scrapped and nobody would notice real difference.

Next in line would probably be Hoth, because it'll burn your eyes out.

Republic Taris. It never ends, and I can only kill so many rakghouls before it gets old -- which it does after the first twenty minutes or so. I think I might care more about it if I were a KOTOR veteran, but I am not and it's dull.

I am a KotOR veteran and I still hate it. The nostalgia is cool at first -- I absolutely loved walking into the Endar Spire and hearing that old familiar music kick up -- but the thing about Taris is that everyone hated it in KotOR too. The single most popular mod in the history of the franchise, even more than the Restoration Project, is the Skip Taris mod. And it's not because you're not a Jedi yet, despite what people think; it's because everything you do there is pointless. Save lives, extinguish them, become a swoop champion, alter the balance of power of an entire city, facilitate the miraculous cure of an ancient and devastating disease.... all of it is absolutely meaningless waste because twenty-four hours later everyone is dead anyway.

And what do we see in SWtOR when we go back? Well, the planet is still a sh*theap, the cure is gone and the rakghouls are, if anything, worse, and the one single thing Revan could achieve that might arguably not have been undone by Malak's bombing turns out to have been a total failure waste too. Telos was nearly back on its feet within a decade, but Taris is a festering hole for three centuries.

It's so nihilist and depressing I swear I'm playing Mass Effect 3.

Also, it's just ugly. At least KotOR Taris was a slick, bright city, and as brown and barren as Tatooine is, it's still got canyons and mountains, dunes and cities, some actual variety and the ability to tell where in the world you are by what's around you. Taris is just dull mud and broken pipes everywhere. Nothing sets one region apart from the others, everything is just browngreen toxic pits regardless of whether it used to be a swoop track or farmland or a hospital or the inner city. It doesn't look like ruins or the remnants of a Coruscant-like world-city, it just looks like Ugly.

I love Hoth, though. You get to kill wampas, and I think it's actually pretty gorgeous, despite being basically a palette-swapped Tatooine. I guess I just like blue better than orange.

Edited by Quething