Why is there so much accuracy on my gear?

Exitusx

For a while I had hope that accuracy did increase armor penetration for tech attacks, as my particular pvp gear has a ton of accuracy on it for some reason (Scoundrel dps, Scrapper pvp).

But since that theory has been debunked, and accuracy does not contribute to armor penetration in any way for tech or force attacks, why is there so much accuracy on Scoundrel dps gear (enforcer gear)? I mean, we do almost entirely yellow damage, which can't ever miss. The only white attacks we use are quickshot on some occasion and flurry of colts, but the other 95% of the time we are using yellow damage.

Does anyone else find it weird that there are copious amounts of accuracy on dps gear when it doesn't help our class that much?

Well, normally you need 102% Tech Accuracy because some classes can reach 2% Resistance through talents.

Otherwise accuracy is for Operatives/Scoundrels very low in list of priorities.

Before 1,2 we could have the "good" enhancements for dps Ops/Sc in Champion tier allready.

After 1,2 in Imperial side we can find them only in WH tier and only in one piece.

Why they changed it I don't know.

Either to make us grind more or Zoeller's metrics said that Ops/Sc need accuracy to improve their performance.

And as many people know allready, Zoeller's metrics and reality are like two parallel lines. They have the same course but they never meet.... :D :D

Summary: 102% accuracy is the target for scrappers (to avoid the resists mentionaed above). Different for other classes.

Buy a piece with a better mod and switch accuracy out.

And yes, Bioware seems to see scrappers as foot fetishists whose main desire in life is to own an inventory full of shoes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.