A full absorb tank. I need help. I wasted my last 6 months :(

NoaFlux

Ok so here's my problem.

I 've been playing a full tank, buying all War Hero Survivor Gear (absorption rated) for the past 3 months. I have 75% War Hero.

I regret it and am very angry at BW.

Even though with a healer, or great guarding skills I can get 125,000 damage, and 100,000 protection on average (though it's usually a little less). I feel like it's not worth it. I play with other DPS guardians (who where Mysitcs gear...Power) and get 300,000 damage and 200,000 protection...even if they only get 100,000 that is great I struggle to get 100,000 often.

Yes I have read ALL the blogs about how absorption is a waste, but I had FAITH in this company that it would make SOME difference...and heard it did make SOME difference. I believe when this is looked into that it's a 100% waste.

My conclusion sadly is it makes no difference at all, and that it actually makes your player (toon) much worst since you have to do so much extra work just to get your damage up...

Should I ask for all my credits back for every single piece of gear? Should I just give up?

I'm not about to start grinding all over again!! This is BW's fault. They should either remove this gear from the game

or make it stronger. For me, a customer who had a little faith in the game mechanics, I feel cheated.

So again should I get my money back? I probably will just quit the game all together if I can't. Such a waste of time...

Please advise, thnks!

AND YES I TUANT 24/7 and guard healers etc!!!

Edited by NoaFlux

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you not able to Dodge, Deflect, Parry, Shield, or Absorb ANY Tech/Force powers?

Force attack types and Tech attack types cannot be dodged or blocked. They can be absorbed through abilities only (like Static Barrier).

Sniper says hi. Nothing like having a thermal detonator miss.

Thermal Detonator is a Tech attack type and will always apply to the target. Whether or not the damage is applied upon detonation is a different story.

I've had quite a few force attacks miss (it actually says miss as opposed to resist like with shadows) recently. No idea how its done but WTB this info

Someone debuffed your accuracy. It may be a PT/Vanguard, or Sniper/Gunslinger. Other accuracy debuff from other classes tends to be too low to make you miss unless you're a Sorc/Sage

Edited by Altheran

You can lower accuracy and people will miss with force/tech attacks, and force/tech users like always dump accuracy on gear ...

If tooltip does not say specifically which kind of accuracy lowered (e.g. mara obfuscate - melee and ranged accuracy) ability will lower all kinds of accuracy.

But miss =/= resist.

It is attacker miss, not target's resist.

I've had quite a few force attacks miss (it actually says miss as opposed to resist like with shadows) recently. No idea how its done but WTB this info

It depends on the damage type that's to be inflicted - Kinetic/Energy damage type will say "Miss" and Internal/Elemental damage type will say "Resisted". That's what the Sniper probably meant by a TD "missing".

Note: Rail Shot IS NOT A TECH ATTACK. It is a Ranged attack that deals Energy damage (as most Blaster Pistols deal Energy damage). TD is a Tech attack that deals Kinetic damage.

Edited by Sippix

if Force/Tech powers can whiff because of decreased accuracy, why can't tanks dodge or shield them?

I swear, Defense/Shield/Absorb better be fixed to include Force and Tech powers soon.

Actually tank can "dodge" tech/force attacks. That's what "resist" rating for if you hover your mouse under "defense" word.

Too bad there is no any piece of gear that has tech/force resist rating attached :D.

Actually tank can "dodge" tech/force attacks. That's what "resist" rating for if you hover your mouse under "defense" word.

Too bad there is no any piece of gear that has tech/force resist rating attached :D.

SO when are we going to get a patch that either gives us Resistance to Tech/Force on equipment, or modifies Defense and Shield to affect Tech/Force?

I'm going to suggest this in the suggestions section. I'm sure many tanks will agree with me.

Edited by PainisCupcakeEY

SO when are we going to get a patch that either gives us Resistance to Tech/Force on equipment, or modifies Defense and Shield to affect Tech/Force?

Seems it is working as intended atm.

Force/tech attacks classes are made very vulnerble in return they get guaranteed hits aside of force shroud ability.

To say more majority of force/tech hard hitters are mitigable by armor.

I'm going to suggest this in the suggestions section. I'm sure many tanks will agree with me.

There will not be one. It's working as intended. If you could block/dodge every attack type with equal efficiency, then there would be no reason to roll a class outside of a tank.

There will not be one. It's working as intended. If you could block/dodge every attack type with equal efficiency, then there would be no reason to roll a class outside of a tank.

The point of being a tank is being able to mitigate damage. ALL types of damage. If Defense/Shield/Absorb serves zero purpose against Tech or Force, what good is wearing Tank-specific equipment against a BH or Inquisitor in a Warzone? What benefit is it to you then?

The point of being a tank is being able to mitigate damage. ALL types of damage. If Defense/Shield/Absorb serves zero purpose against Tech or Force, what good is wearing Tank-specific equipment against a BH or Inquisitor in a Warzone? What benefit is it to you then?

...and Bingo was her name-o.

Exact reason why tanks suffer.

Edited by Larishet

There are. It is working as intended but this is poor design.

Because not every attack is a Force attack or a Tech attack that come from a Inq/Cons or Trooper/BH. Every AC gets its own mix of Force/Tech attacks along with Ranged/Melee attacks - that is why tanks work as they do.

Because not every attack is a Force attack or a Tech attack that come from a Inq/Cons or Trooper/BH. Every AC gets its own mix of Force/Tech attacks along with Ranged/Melee attacks - that is why tanks work as they do.

I'm pretty sure ANY ranged attack a Sorc uses is a Force power.

Sorc/Sage = 100% Force

Shadow/Assassin = You can do a full Force rotation if you want. Melee move tend to be Double strike only (with few basic strike when out of Force)

PT/Vang = Only rail/High impact Bolt shot is not Tech. They can also use unload/Full auto and basic shots but is it worth to do it ?

Commando/Merc = quite Full Tech if Arsenal/Gunnery. Only their Assault spec have a good reliance on ranged.