How many languages are there in SWTOR?

mrpayday

Different sounding alien languages that are recognizable:

Mandolorian, Huttese, Twi'lek, Chiss, Jawa, Selonian, Rakata, Ugnaught, Dashade or whatever Khem Val speaks, Trandoshian, Esh-Kha?, Droid noises, Shyriiwook, Talz, Gand, Killik, Gormak

I've probably missed a lot.

Twi'leks who aren't speaking Basic are speaking Huttese, as far as I've ever noticed.

There's also the Kubaz squeaks. I'm normally pretty stridently against non-Basic-speaking PC race options because there's no way I could ever spend even ten levels listening to constantly looping Huttese, much less shreaking moaning Shyriwook.... but I tell you what, man, I would level a Kubaz to 50 in a heartbeat. I love that noise they make.

Edited by Quething

Every Chiss in Hoth talk huttese too and this is lame, besides one of them that tells that he leanrt it in Hutt space. All the other conversations with Chiss talking huttese are silly.

Wookiepedia: Encounters with the greater galaxy did not leave a lasting impression on the Chiss by the fact that they remained largely unaware of standard languages such as Huttese and Galactic Basic Standard, with communications with outsiders being conducted instead through local trade-languages such as Minnisiat.

So yeah BW did wrong making the Chiss talk Huttese.

• 1 month later...
Yeah - that's game breaking a little. At the very least have 'em speak Basic - Chiss speaking Huttese is stupid.

Honestly I feel like every NPC you come upon who's of a species that could speak basic, and their speaking Huttese... is just BW scrimping a bit on VA budget. I mean we still get to play a convo, and they just need to reuse that same 'female Huttese voice.'

It's fine I guess, but kinda annoying when paired with the Chiss.

Though sort of annoying that the huttesse is mostly gibberish >.<

though fun to see Aurebesh signs intended for one world mirrored and placed on another world as if nobody would notice. Though I still make it a point to read every sign and giggle at little easter eggs in them.

>.> Taun tauns dont talk right. the pets do but the adult ones sound like horses

yes taun tauns talk, I just decided they are secretly just a primitive sentient, Like rancore...