I miss StephenReid

Crabbits

I don't.

After Sept. 2011, he pretty much stonewalled any discussion of same-gender content. Maybe not his call - I don't know - but I think the Comm Team is doing as well as they can with what they have. If you think information was better in his day, I think you are viewing them with nostalgia.

Not to say I don't wish him well wherever he is. I just don't think he did anything more than was called for, sometimes a little less - he was just a guy doing his best, which is what we have now.

The answers are the same today as when SR was at BW. Not sure what your point is.

This^ The responses were the exact same, I guess you must miss him on your twitter because thats where he really communicated at. Who I really miss is Sean Dahlberg, I don't remember his posts but I remember that that the weekly Friday Updates from before launch were meatier under him than Stephen.

Edited by Tuscad

The title says it all. Not the EA drone responses we get now.

the fact that you think Stephen Reid was a good CM is hilarious!

who remembers his posts telling people to reroll from there dead servers because they had no plan in place at the time to fix the issue? he got what he deserved for the terrible job he and everyone else that got laid off did.

stephen reid is probably one of the larger reasons why the game is where it is now. he made poor decision after poor decision, and spent the majority of his time trying to be the wise guy on the forums, rather than providing real and helpful information.

when he got fired i was hoping we would see a reversal in direction, but it doesnt seem to be happening.

Noting against SR, he's a fine fellow but Sean Dahlberg did a better job.

Dang, you are the earliest registered user I have ever seen on the forums! I was just getting ready to say that I wonder how many people here were around to remember Sean Dahlberg.

Dang, you are the earliest registered user I have ever seen on the forums! I was just getting ready to say that I wonder how many people here were around to remember Sean Dahlberg.

And crashed twice while creating my user in oct 2008 that very day ;)

If anything, Reid provided less than what we get now. Not even counting the issues prerelease, it was like pulling teeth to get a real response in the early days of live. Much of the communication we get now (Q&A etc) is the product of Joveth, Allison, Musco etc.

Dahlberg was in a lose-lose situation. He was a developer before and wanted to be a developer going forward, but kind of fell into community management as I understand. He did his best to be involved (I remember him stepping into Lulouch's IRC in late 2008 to talk to us), but I think he had the itch for development and probably got disillusioned by that and the "this doesn't exist in Star Wars" issue later on. Having talked to him about this personally, I imagine he is much happier now than he was then.

As far as the newer regime, I'd give them time. I'm sure the higher ups in marketing have a stranglehold on what they can share right now, and they seem to be doing their best to promote community involvement at a reasonable level given the clear restrictions they have.

stephen reid is probably one of the larger reasons why the game is where it is now. he made poor decision after poor decision, and spent the majority of his time trying to be the wise guy on the forums, rather than providing real and helpful information.

when he got fired i was hoping we would see a reversal in direction, but it doesnt seem to be happening.

Yeah, nothing changed because he had the power to change the game at the flick of a wrist. What response were you expecting from a CM?

Edited by AFKGCWBOT

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.