Interaction Between Factions

KazuharaKai

Last night during the event I was collecting boxes and saw a lowly little Jedi wandering around tracking a moron who keeps on stealing some useless eating utensils. He had his Apprentice with him and well, what does a Sith do when we're bored ... we kill. I was having some fun just putting the Jedi to near death, only to let him heal up as he ran around tracking the bounty hunter.

I left him be as I ran around opening the crates looking for someone's lost lobelot, because I'm self-.... nice like that. Some time later I see the poor Jedi getting beat on by the Bounty Hunter. I knew I had dispatched of him earlier and wondered why he kept on stealing the same stupid silverware from the dropbox that I know I had placed it in. In my fury all it took was a single lightsaber throw to the torso and cleanly divide the alien in half. The Jedi bowed profusely in fear and maybe thanks ... I let him live. I tried to talk to him, but to no avail. Maybe the ringing in his ears got to him from the roar that I used to disabled his T7. I walked away and let him be, I did smirk ... as I threw my lightsaber at him to remind him to live in fear of the Sith. He did not die, but I got the point through.

The point of this all ... why in the world can't I even /whisper to a guy who obviously needed help. lol I understand the inability to group being in different factions, but /whisper ... c'mon ...

Sadly, what tends to happen, when you can chat to the enemy faction is that people start swearing at each other, and harrassing each other in all sorts of cruel ways. I played a game, that had 3 factions, and for a long time you couldn't speak to each other, then they introduced a 'talk jade' that allowed people to converse with the enemy, and bam, there were tons of complaints of how people were harrassing each other etc...eventually they took the 'talk jades' out and only allowed the race leaders to be able to speak to the enemy (for purpose of battle).

Sadly, what tends to happen, when you can chat to the enemy faction is that people start swearing at each other, and harrassing each other in all sorts of cruel ways. I played a game, that had 3 factions, and for a long time you couldn't speak to each other, then they introduced a 'talk jade' that allowed people to converse with the enemy, and bam, there were tons of complaints of how people were harrassing each other etc...eventually they took the 'talk jades' out and only allowed the race leaders to be able to speak to the enemy (for purpose of battle).

Interesting. I think that the best solution would be to limit the interaction to certain planets. Then really it is your choice for subjecting yourself to that.

As someone who plays both Republic and Sith... I don't hate either side really. There are jerk players and nice players on both sides.

- Arcada

/say and /yell are cross-faction, but I'm not sure how many people pay attention to those outside of an RP scenario. You would hope that people would be mature enough not to whisper abuse to each other simply because they're on opposing factions, but unfortunately people suck :/

/say and /yell are cross-faction, but I'm not sure how many people pay attention to those outside of an RP scenario. You would hope that people would be mature enough not to whisper abuse to each other simply because they're on opposing factions, but unfortunately people suck :/

True enough. I was going to /yell ... then I was reading the /say conversations and saw a bunch of younger kids just doing the whole your momma crap etc etc. At least the guy got his utensils and I got the enjoyment of slaughtering a couple of his companions. Win-Win for both of us. I'm almost certain he thought I was going to kill him when he was fighting the Bounty Hunter. lol

Still tho /whisper gives you the ability to /ignore people, so even if they became annoying you could just /ignore and be done with them.