Quest Giver Icon Update (Combined Multi-Threads)

PolyJynwon

A few people have suggested that the quest giver icons be colorized, enlarged/shrunk, world map perm-discoverable, made in to unique shapes, and/or fleshed out with letters or numbers to differentiate between heroic 2+/4, dailies, lower level, flashpoint, and operations.

Here are the threads I was able to find thus far:

A Thousand Papercuts (Noted Thread)

Post 1

Post 2

Repeatable quest giver icon

Quest Giver icon colors need some variety

Different icon for Heroic quest givers

Heroic Quest Icon

Blue Quest Icon

Different Color Quest Triangles

Different quest color icon for different types of quests

Quest Difficulty Color Coded in Quest Tracker

Suggestion: Color Code for Repeatable Quest

Different Color Icons for Daily Quest and Low Level Quests

heroric quest/ color crystals

Bioware Read this, map zoom and quest icon sizes (more a size complaint, but shapes could help determine complete/not complete)

I am sure many more posts exist and I'll do my best to add them here if people point them out. Either way, this idea is pretty straightforward and seems easy enough to accomplish. I, and many others, seem to think it'd help the community live in the SWTOR environment a bit better.

What do you think?

Edited by PolyJynwon
updated thread info

I didn't see this idea in the list:

Put a little "2" or "4" inside the trinagles for HEROIC2+ and HEROIC4+ missions.

This is a great idea.. as are the ones mentioned above. I do believe someone had suggested the use of #s in the articles I've compiled, but point being is that this really is a desireable fix. It's not polarizing and it should be fairly easy to implement.

Hopefully we can get word on whether this is something we can plan on seeing within 1.3.X.

Funny how such a simple point could become so complex and obviously hasn't been highly polished by BioWare.

Disturbing how in other MMO people didn't ask for such enhancements that much either.

One more entry:

Differentiate quests that have been done by alt(s) from the others, so a player immediately knows he didn't do this or that quest on any alt

Edited by Deewe

One more entry:

Differentiate quests that have been done by alt(s) from the others, so a player immediately knows he didn't do this or that quest on any alt

That's just brilliant.. Great, great, great idea. 5 Stars.

If something like that existed, that would just be incredible on their [Devs] part. Not to go off on this tangent, but man it would have been cool if they [quest giver] referrenced your Legacy or alts in a given quest that you ran for the second time (after an alt ran it).

Edited by PolyJynwon

• 4 weeks later...
Being that their are a few Quality of Life improvements on the slate for 1.4, I'd like to just throw this concept in to the ring for future quality of life improvements. I'd love to see this before the 1 year anniversay. Any chance this is being worked on or could be worked on?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...