Stat differences MK-1 vs. MK-4

KrayvenVolcanus

Can anyone explain why the stats on a Black Hole MK-1 earpiece is exactly the same for a MK-4?

I was able to reverse engineer a MK-4 earpiece that dropped on SM EC. However, considering it will cost nearly 1.2 million creds on the GTN (just for mats) to craft one of these buggers, why would someone pay that when they could just do the dailies until they get the 35 Black Hole comms to purchase a MK-1 with the EXACT same stats?

To me it seems like common sense that a MK-4,5,6..ect would have better stats than MK-1.

My guild was talking about this a bit last night over teamspeak. Best reasoning we could come up with was BW wanted to give the player more options with their gear. Most sensible players will pick the item that boosts their primary stat but hey, I guess that's what removable mods in armor pieces are for. :D

My guild was talking about this a bit last night over teamspeak. Best reasoning we could come up with was BW wanted to give the player more options with their gear. :D

How does giving two separate pieces of gear (at least with different names) the exact same stats give players more options with their gear? My point is simple. The Black Hole MK-(insert any number higher than 1) pieces should have higher stats than a MK-1. Period. The fact that they do not is simply piss poor design.

They can't have higher stats with the same ilvl and the same quality level.

Different balance is what have been chosen for BH/Campaign gear, but this one is just another itemization issue, perhaps it's due to some "overall balance" BW wanted and they didn't think about the fact it could have the exact same stats as the Mk1.

As a side note, Mk X+1 rarely is better quality than Mk X in the real world, with some collector cameras still being made despite having a (worse) successor.

Being the same tier of gear, they should have the same total amount of stats, but a different stat layout. For example, Black Hole Demolisher modules:

MK-1: 84 Aim, 121 End, 57 Shield, 49 Absorb

MK-2: 93 Aim, 108 End, 57 Accuracy, 57 Defense

MK-3: 93 Aim, 108 End, 57 Shield, 57 Defense

Admittedly, the MK-2 module is a bit suspect, but choosing between the MK-1 and MK-3 comes down to what other gear you have and personal preference. I really appreciate having the options.

Can anyone explain why the stats on a Black Hole MK-1 earpiece is exactly the same for a MK-4?

I was able to reverse engineer a MK-4 earpiece that dropped on SM EC. However, considering it will cost nearly 1.2 million creds on the GTN (just for mats) to craft one of these buggers, why would someone pay that when they could just do the dailies until they get the 35 Black Hole comms to purchase a MK-1 with the EXACT same stats?

To me it seems like common sense that a MK-4,5,6..ect would have better stats than MK-1.

What earpiece has the same exact stat on MK-1 and MK-4? MK-4's should have primary/power/surge.