Make Huttball a Spectator Sport

gpwarner

You know, they really don't need HB WZ to prove who's better. They could go to Tatooine and battle it in the PvP area. There you could have all types of spectators enjoying the bloodshed.

You're missing the point - Huttball isn't all about bloodshed. Okay, in a lot of matches it is, but a lot of good teams focus on winning the match, which means getting the ball over the line. There are many ways to accomplish this that don't involve killing the enemy team - just running rings around them.

I've wanted this for ages. Even suggested it directly. I also included the idea that spectators should pay (credits) to watch the match (like a football game), with the winning team taking 25% of the pot as prize money (Giradda obviously keeps 75% for expenses - those fire pits need a lot of fuel). Of course that would only work properly if you could select which match you were going to watch...

Edited by Cybermeister

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(NOTE: I haven't read though ALL of the posts.Sorry if I have taken your idea, and have not given you credit. Let me know if this is the case, and I will give you a high-five for thinking of awesome things)

What I would propose is a six camera system with five stationary cameras, and one following the ball:

3 center cameras-

One bird's eye view camera (above the ball spawn point)

One stage left of mid-court

One stage right of mid-court

One at the Rotworms Endzone

One at the Frogdogs Endzone.

don't forget the camera that is following the ball

...and of course, a toggle to choose between the 6.

Rather than 16 mobile individual cameras to track, this six camera system streamlines the viewing experience for the viewers, while keeping the bandwidth interference low. It would have the added benefit of needing less work to implement. If the outlined method was given to us for the mythical "First Season of PvP," I imagine participation (on both sides) would skyrocket. With all of that being said, the ability to toggle between players' POVs would be nice, but I could wait until the "Second Season of PvP(lol)" for that.

...Those are my latest thoughts on the matter.

EDIT: I did read one suggestion that I forgot to mention: dropping into the WZ as a un-targetable non-entity, able to click on players and check out their stats and what-not. I like the idea, but that sounds more like a "Season 2(lol)" idea.

Edited by AboB