Genius idea #234: PVP Conversation System?

mourasantos

Well, it's not so much an idea as a rumination regarding the conversation system, something to get the few of you here who're capable of thinking, thinking...Ever notice how in flashpoints, and in any other group content, players can only talk with their environment? It's essentially the PVE version of conversations.

How about the PVP alternative? In other words, players TALK WITH EACH OTHER....

Queue nerd rage. Stay tuned for more.

Edited by mourasantos

How about the PVP alternative? In other words, players TALK WITH EACH OTHER....

"There's a custom version of this. Just use /say." This allows players to "TALK WITH EACH OTHER" without the constraints of the two-three options that BioWare provides that don't even say what you'd think they'd say based on the phrase next to the selection. Using /say will allow you to say whatever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you wish.

Oh look, another classic delivery...

"For those of you who are capable of sentient thought, bo ho ho ho, listen to me or be considered DUMB!"

...Dear lord, are we really supposed to take this to heart...?

Good gravy, if you're like this in real life away from the comforting anonymity of the internet, how is it no one has slapped you silly with a nail-studded 2x4?

Edited by Listerman

Oh look, another classic delivery...

"For those of you who are capable of sentient thought, bo ho ho ho, listen to me or be considered DUMB!"

...Dear lord, are we really supposed to take this to heart...?

Good gravy, if you're like this in real life away from the comforting anonymity of the internet, how is it no one has slapped you silly with a nail-studded 2x4?

I'm good in a scrap.

Again, forget the delivery of the ideas and try to focus on their content. Not being able to do this suggests a petty personality.

"There's a custom version of this. Just use /say." This allows players to "TALK WITH EACH OTHER" without the constraints of the two-three options that BioWare provides that don't even say what you'd think they'd say based on the phrase next to the selection. Using /say will allow you to say whatever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you wish.

Oh, so that was sarcasm.

So i take it your talking about a way to maybe get social point and light or dark points in pvp but between fellow players? I know i would like it, social points are given for every group activity but pvp.

No, I'm talking about a way for players to speak with each other.

There already is many ways to talk in pvp some ppl use ops chat or pst each other or u can just say something. Some ppl use vent, mumble, etc. Other threads have talked about adding bubble chat to the game and this would be a good way to talk in pvp as well.

But your OP didnt really have an idea to help the game seems u just set up a thread so u can talk smack to ppl. So why dont u tell us what u would like to see added to this game to help players talk to each other in pvp.

Jesus, how hard is it for you people to understand...

By conversations I mean the ones you have to roll for in a group scenario. You know, the ones in which you character gets to actually VOICE things, one of the game's main selling point?

Anyway, the way it's set up now it is used for you to interact with the environment alone, with NPC's. In a sense, it's a PVE conversation system. What I'm proposing is for something to be set up in which players would get to interact with each other using a similar system, in other words a PVP variant of the same thing.

You finally get it now?

Edited by mourasantos

You must be new if you think that suggestions are actually taken into account here.

Welcome to the forums. A place for one sided convos and pointless rants.'

Hey if this really is idea numebr 234 you should post all your ideas and then keep bumping them so that the first couple pages would be all your ideas all the time.

Edited by kirorx

I can't really take the content seriously when you sound like such a pompous sack.

Delivery is one of the most important things they teach you in Public Speaking courses in college.

This is an internet forum, not a power point presentation for college.

So i take it your talking about a way to maybe get social point and light or dark points in pvp but between fellow players? I know i would like it, social points are given for every group activity but pvp.

So i have been right twice, you want conversations in pvp were u can win rolls and see your toon talk, win social points and what not, and you just like talking smack on the forums. I get it your in love with the sound of your own voice or in this case what u type, I bet u dont even really read what other ppl have to say.

Wait, wait i bet u dont have your glasses on. So i have been right twice, you want conversations in pvp were u can win rolls and see your toon talk, win social points and what not, and you just like talking smack on the forums.

This is an internet forum, not a power point presentation for college.

Doesn't matter if it's the internet, a presentation, a board meeting, or a conversation. If you want to get your points across, your delivery is key. If you just come off as a jerk and all "I know more than you", then people are going to detect in on that and move without giving your presented ideas a second thought.

We're talking about good social skills. Do you want people to take you to heart or not? Because if I was a developer and I saw your threads, and the way you dictated them, pass. I'd just assume you were just another forum grub really full of themselves looking for attention, and get back to my job, which is not dictated by the forum.

Doesn't matter if it's the internet, a presentation, a board meeting, or a conversation. If you want to get your points across, your delivery is key. If you just come off as a jerk and all "I know more than you", then people are going to detect in on that and move without giving your presented ideas a second thought.

We're talking about good social skills. Do you want people to take you to heart or not? Because if I was a developer and I saw your threads, and the way you dictated them, pass. I'd just assume you were just another forum grub really full of themselves looking for attention, and get back to my job, which is not dictated by the forum.

Glad you're not a developer then. To be fair though I tried the other route, the more sensible level-head one, and the responses were just as obtuse, if not more. Sorry if I've grown a little impatient with the lack of positive, constructive feedback.

So you think just resorting to being an *** will have a more positive effect?

Two wrongs don't make a right, kemosabe. The way you're headed now, you're just going to get labeled a forum troll, and no one will take you seriously ever again.

I suggest seriously rethinking your approach, unto a more accepting, civil manner.

So you think just resorting to being an *** will have a more positive effect?

Two wrongs don't make a right, kemosabe. The way you're headed now, you're just going to get labeled a forum troll, and no one will take you seriously ever again.

I suggest seriously rethinking your approach, unto a more accepting, civil manner.

At least I'm getting more traffic this way.

Jesus, how hard is it for you people to understand...

We do get it. It's just a silly unnecessary addition to the game. Why have BioWare control what you say when you can just type it yourself? It doesn't even make sense why you'd want this or even when this would actually happen unless BioWare was to add some kind of Flashpoint where the end boss was a four pack of Imperial/Republic players. There are all kinds of problems with that anyway.

You finally get it now?

We do get it. It's just a silly unnecessary addition to the game. Why have BioWare control what you say when you can just type it yourself? It doesn't even make sense why you'd want this or even when this would actually happen unless BioWare was to add some kind of Flashpoint where the end boss was a four pack of Imperial/Republic players. There are all kinds of problems with that anyway.

You finally get it now?

Wow you put me in my place there, eh? Listen, if you can't see all of the possibilities that this would entail, its potential, then I'm sorry. For you, mostly.