Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Worst Star Wars MOVIE moment of all time

DarknessInLight

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay..but there's a plot hole here as well. If her throat was crushed so bad, how is she able to speak clearly to Obi Wan? How is she able to scream while delivering the kids? Last time I checked, if your throat is crushed, youre going to have difficulty speaking or making vocal sounds.

It would depend on exactly where it was crushed. You have two parts to your throat.

The larynx which is your voice box and your trachea which is your windpipe. It is very possible that her larynx was not damaged at the moment when vader choked her. You would figure since he was trying to stop her breathing he damaged the trachea. The trachea could have been damaged first and then the damage to her larynx could have been a result afterwards.

really thats the best you could come up with?

so the equipment she's hooked up to that's monitoring her vitals never registered a lower blood oxygen level or lower blood pressure due her supposedly neck and throat injures nope nothing

she's how did the droid put it medically she completely healthy

one more thing no one in a medical profession wouldn't say that with out properly checking the patient first

There is a problem with this as normal medical droids would or may not have the knowledge to evaluate this condition. This is a very specialized area of study and not everyone can do this.

Whether this is why she died or not I'm not sure.

I don't find it hard to believe someone died of a broken heart as it has happened to people before. It's not hard to see why she might do so considering the person she loved just force choked her.

There is a problem with this as normal medical droids would or may not have the knowledge to evaluate this condition. This is a very specialized area of study and not everyone can do this.

Whether this is why she died or not I'm not sure.

I don't find it hard to believe someone died of a broken heart as it has happened to people before. It's not hard to see why she might do so considering the person she loved just force choked her.

you walk in to any hospital in the UK first thing they do is put on a blood pressure cuff and a blood oxygen monitor on your finger its standard practice its nurses that do it too not doctors

he also killed about 30 kids wiped out the jedi order told her he was going to kill palp and get rid of the republic and rule the universe basically destroying everything she believes in and fought for for the last 15 years

Answers in bold.

You read WAY more into the Yoda thing than was there. I said help in some way. Even if just to offer guidance in certain situations. Not necessarily joining the battle itself. My point was that the Rebellion could have used his guidance.

It's all moot anyhow, since everything turned out peachy for George's story. After the FTB at the end of RotJ, and the credits roll, everything just stopped. Frozen in time, according to George. Han and Leia never got married or had kids. Neither did Luke, for that matter. According to George, Luke lives the rest of his life as a virgin.

That, however, is the problem with taking everything George Lucas says as Law.

You read WAY more into the Yoda thing than was there. I said help in some way. Even if just to offer guidance in certain situations. Not necessarily joining the battle itself. My point was that the Rebellion could have used his guidance.

It's all moot anyhow, since everything turned out peachy for George's story. After the FTB at the end of RotJ, and the credits roll, everything just stopped. Frozen in time, according to George. Han and Leia never got married or had kids. Neither did Luke, for that matter. According to George, Luke lives the rest of his life as a virgin.

That, however, is the problem with taking everything George Lucas says as Law.

Yes, Yoda could have helped. But the fact remains that Yoda has no way to get to Yavin IV. He has no ship and his escape pod was no doubt claimed by Dagobah. Dagobah was also a very remote system that no one has ever really bothered to do anything with.

My opinion of the whole Lucas thing:

Think of Star Wars as a game. This is Lucas' game and if he wants to change the rules then he is inclined to do so. The players may not be happy about it, but the creator gets certain perks.

It would depend on exactly where it was crushed. You have two parts to your throat.

The larynx which is your voice box and your trachea which is your windpipe. It is very possible that her larynx was not damaged at the moment when vader choked her. You would figure since he was trying to stop her breathing he damaged the trachea. The trachea could have been damaged first and then the damage to her larynx could have been a result afterwards.

If your trachea is crushed then you will get no airflow, not to mention the trachea is no larger than your pink finger so any damage is life threatening

No airflow = No voice, No having a baby, No nothing. If her trachea was damaged she would not have made it off mustafar with out surgical intervention on scene.

Your brain needs glucose and O2 to funciton properly, so if her SPO2 was low due to the damge she would not be laying there naming babies, if by some chance she did make to that point.

With an entire war going on and jedi's were being killed all over the galaxy and i think they could have came up with something more creative.

The end just felt rushed to me.

Edited by kirorx

Yes, Yoda could have helped. But the fact remains that Yoda has no way to get to Yavin IV. He has no ship and his escape pod was no doubt claimed by Dagobah. Dagobah was also a very remote system that no one has ever really bothered to do anything with.

My opinion of the whole Lucas thing:

Think of Star Wars as a game. This is Lucas' game and if he wants to change the rules then he is inclined to do so. The players may not be happy about it, but the creator gets certain perks.

Yoda went to Dagobah in a ship. Not an escape pod. He went there of his own volition. Hell, he probably had his ship well hidden in case he ever needed to make a break for it. lol

That's just educated speculation, but nowhere in Star Wars has it ever said that Yoda crashed on Dagobah in an escape pod.

Yoda went to Dagobah in a ship. Not an escape pod. He went there of his own volition. Hell, he probably had his ship well hidden in case he ever needed to make a break for it. lol

That's just educated speculation, but nowhere in Star Wars has it ever said that Yoda crashed on Dagobah in an escape pod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRCphmkll1w

spaceship escape pod you decide i cant figure out what the hell it is

when its going into orbit it looks like a escape pod when it lands it looks like a compact ship

Episode II Anakin (to Padme) - " I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too."

Episode III Obi-Wan - "I have seen a security hologram... of him... killing Younglings."

Padme - "No! Not Anakin! He couldn't..."

Yeah, that was kind of the problem I had with the Preqs. The entire fall of Anakin thing was just not as believable as it should have been, and that's based off of the romance being rushed and not believable either.

Your first quote above is case in point: halfway through the movie, Anakin slaughter's a whole tribe of living beings, yet Padme still falls in love with him despite the fact? Doesn't say a whole lot about the character of her character IMO.

There is this thing called Star Wars holiday special. It is not technically a movie but it is generally considered so bad that I think it will win even this category. (Un)fortunately it is quite rare and might be difficult to find.

Youtube is a beautiful thing. First 45 minutes is all Wookie dialogue.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

Episode II Anakin (to Padme) - " I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too."

Episode III Obi-Wan - "I have seen a security hologram... of him... killing Younglings."

Padme - "No! Not Anakin! He couldn't..."

LOL, I rmemeber this friend of mine was saying how he had chills when this happened. I almost feel like emailing this thread to him and going Trolllolololol!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.