(L,F&E 91) Correllian EMS

kalenath

<A long ways away>

The room was dark but none of them needed to see each other. Indeed, none of them needed to speak aloud, but all felt it made things a bit more ‘lifelike’, so they practiced when they could.

“So that is where that brat who calls herself Kora wound up.” A harsh female voice sounded. “An EMT of all things? On Corellia? Why Corellia?”

“Should we try and take her? Find out how she resisted?” A gentler female voice replied. “Find out who warped her?”

“No. It had to have been that thing called Bob.” A male voice replied. “It would be too dangerous to try and snatch her. Our enemies are watching her closely. That is obvious from how fast Will Kalenath responded when the Reds took her. We will keep her under observation. Her harsh words to the contrary, I do not believe her to be a threat.”

“That we know of.” The first voice snarled. “We had no idea that the Reds were going to grab her, just that they were going to get someone governmental goon. So we lost the network again. This has not been a good week.”

“It is about to get worse.” The male voice said sadly. “You saw his face when he looked at our agent. He knows, somehow he knows I was behind the Reds. He enjoyed killing them. I am surprised he spared the girl.”

“Did he?” The second voice said in a scared tone. “He touched her. He knew what she was. He wanted us to see.”

“Is there any chance that Jina will recover?” The male voice asked hopefully. “She is likely the only one who can head him off.”

“I don’t know, but… Rationally, I am afraid not. Too much brain damage.” The second voice said sadly. “Ecmin is extremely protective of her, of course. She will let Ecmin scan her, but no one else. She starts fighting hard every time we get close. I don’t blame her. Can you calm her down, master?”

“Not without doing more damage, I am afraid.” The male voice said sadly. “If we restrain her, it will make her fight even harder.”

“We need to do some full scans.” The first voice said, concerned. “We need to figure out what hit her and why. We can’t do that from across the room.”

“Katherine? Your opinion?” The male voice asked.

“At the very least we need to get her potty trained.” The voice of the Cather doctor was soft and resigned. “Maybe if Ecmin were to ease her into it. Maybe Maria?”

“Maria has her hands full with the small kids.” The mass of sentient nano machines that called themselves Donal Firdlump said with a sigh. “If all else fails, we can use a trank gun on her. Force only knows how she or Ecmin will react to that though.”

“Badly.” The voice of doctor Menglan was rueful. “We will do what we can. Maybe at least get her to talk right? We have to head Will Kalenath off before it is too late.”

“It may already be too late.” Firdlump replied uneasily. “We will find out shortly. Get to it, see if you can scan Jina, figure out if any of it can be healed. I will warn our people. It is all we can do, get them to go to ground and hope it’s in time.” He shook his head. “If we can’t head him off, no amount of EMS is going to be enough.”