The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Eliminator or Combat Tech

Jayshames

Ok so I'm a fresh 50 Vanguard and wondering whether I should be aiming for Combat Tech or Eliminator for PvP

I currently only have the BM rifle but soon to buy another piece.

I see loads of Vanguards wearing full eliminator, i'm assuming it's for the crit+surge? because the 2set piece doesn't effect VG but the 4set piece does.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Bought eliminator chest piece then specced into tactics and realised how much I missed the spec on my PT, and now my eliminator chest is pretty useless :L

Edited by Jayshames

I use the PvE set bonus. 8% HiB damage bonus and 15 sec Battle Focus cool down reduction. you just have to rip all the mods, armoring, and enhancements out of your PvP gear and put them in the PvE gear. I think it is the best out there.

My play style is about total damage increase instead of burst though. I dont hit a lot of 5k+, but i still get them. however as an example for my rotation that i see a lot. IR> Sticky> Battle Focus> HiB> SS> HiB> Ion Pulse> Ion Pulse

Damage looks like 1000>2500-3000>na> 4900>3000>4900>2500>2500 That's with crits. but i do see that. check out my videos of my live streams to see it in action.

People go eliminator for assault, because of the +15% crit chance to high impact bolt 4 piece bonus.

If you go assault, you should go for that bonus, in tactics the combat tech bonuses would be more useful.

I think tactics will benefit less overall from the 4 piece set bonus than assault will however.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

Yeah if your running tactics combat tech is your best bet. The real questions is the other pieces. If you want more damage then you want to get the eliminator off-hand, implants that's kind of stuff. If your looking for more survivability like i prefer then you want those to be super commando pieces. If your running assault then people have done very well going full eliminator gear. rifle i would say at BM to go with the eliminator since that's the one you need to upgrade to the combat tech WH. Edited by Bobbyieboy