Dynamic adventure

Cyankee

Likely not a new discussion...but...I wonder if the future of online gaming will have the ability for people to create their own adventures? Now, I know Neverwinter Nights has that capability, but the time involved to create the adventure is really time consuming.

What I am suggesting is that people on Star Wars and other such games could create their own adventure if not their own story line in the game?

OF course there would be restrictions such as NOT being able to create an adventure where you walk in level 10 and come out level 50 in one session...

Just a basic idea...

Some games did have the random dungeon idea long ago, such as Bethesda's Daggerfall. It was a bit clunky and all but it sure was random. I see no reason why random adventures would be impossible. Ofc making it generic would take much less work than going class-specific on the stuff.

Some games did have the random dungeon idea long ago, such as Bethesda's Daggerfall. It was a bit clunky and all but it sure was random. I see no reason why random adventures would be impossible. Ofc making it generic would take much less work than going class-specific on the stuff.

I'm not saying random...

I mean you have one person that can setup the parameters. Who to kill, the boss, anything bonus, even what the text is for the adventure.

Ex: A player wants to setup a mission for four people. The player finds an instance that will fit their needs, then populates it with objects and mobs. Adds text to the mission giver that explains what is going on and even provides the option choices for your character during the conversation. Now of course, there would be limits on what the player can do.

I think it would make the game more inviting to people. Hell, a REAL good player could create their own story line for the entire game.

I'm not saying random...

I mean you have one person that can setup the parameters. Who to kill, the boss, anything bonus, even what the text is for the adventure.

Ex: A player wants to setup a mission for four people. The player finds an instance that will fit their needs, then populates it with objects and mobs. Adds text to the mission giver that explains what is going on and even provides the option choices for your character during the conversation. Now of course, there would be limits on what the player can do.

I think it would make the game more inviting to people. Hell, a REAL good player could create their own story line for the entire game.

This already exists.

Star Trek Online has it, and SWG did have it for a couple of years before the plug was pulled.

• 5 weeks later...