INFORM users before World Events start

Zipacnaa

I was online yesterday. I played for 4 hours.

Not once during that time did anything anywhere pop up letting me know a TIME-LIMITED world event was ongoing.

In my honest, and happy with BW and SWTOR up till now, opinion: this is absolute rubbish. Absolute bull cr*p

Why on earth couldn't you have let players know! :mad:

How would I like it? I would like for it to be obviouis enough so that I'd be able to partake in a time limited event. Is that bit hard to understand?

Like I've already said twice: I was online & online for quite some time without ANYONE in general chat picking this up and no messages popping. No emails. Nothing.

So I didn't see the trailer. Shoot me.

So I didn't stop by any forum thread that mentioned this event. Hang me.

So I didn't stop by the fleet as I was playing my low level toon. Such a crime.

Edited by Zipacnaa

The day BEFORE the event BW released a teaser trailer. The day BEFORE the event, on every planet I went to, people were talking in General Chat about the impending event. Yesterday (at least on my server) General chat was so spammed with event-related messages and spoilers on both the Fleets, Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, and Nar Shadda that I had to turn General chat off to do the event and enjoy the content. Yesterday the game launcher had an image of a Chevin and an announcement of the Grand Acquisitions Race.

Sorry to the OP that you were not informed. Perhaps your server is not all that chatty, but I would dare say that the majority of the player base was not surprised by the start of the world event.

Looks like I should change the title to 'inform ME' ..

I'll not create any more fuss. I really & honestly did not

1. see any general chat banter

2. see any info on the loading screen

3. did not check on any forum that day or the day before. Had a mad week @ work

4. ran around Taris all yesterday which is depressing enough in itself

I'll agree that a lot of people have cottoned onto it. It should still be bulletproof though I feel, considering it's a world event.

I agree with the OP.

We are playing a sci-fi game with light speed starships, holocoms, etc... I think a message of some sort would be perfectly reasonable when a World Event starts. My suggestions (some from previous posters):

• Game Calendar
  • Global message every hour during event
  • "News Terminals" at most locations that pop up a quest during events
  • A holocom message when you log on
  • A simple popup when you log on

Given the game world, I do not think it would be out of place to get a holocom transmission when something as important as a world event is going on, and you clearly have the means (your own personal starship) to participate. That message would involve a short NPC dialog to introduce the event, and then an option to [decline quest].

Well glad to see viewpoints from both sides appear. It may have been on the launcher prior to the GE taking place but it mentioned nothing when I logged in yesterday.

Again, my claim is that an event such as this such be bulletproof.

Oh and I recon I'm fully within my rights to blame "others" aka BW. I'm the customer after all and want to fully enjoy what I pay for. This is no big-deal in the bigger picture but I've taken the time to suggest a perceived improvement all the same.

The only thing i can suggest is an ingame mail to your characters that there is something going on at the fleet. Other than that im not sure what they should do. I dont want server announcements every hour as that would get annoying, well for me at least

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.