GTN (Galactic Trade Network) Tips Making Credits

JoeDin

Hi all,

ok i would like some tips please on how to make good credits on the GTN. I am on the Empire on the server Nightmare Lands. i am level 32 and i have just started chapter 2.

So far i always seem to have trouble in trying to make credits. the max credits i have ever had is 35,000 and that was to used to learn rank 1 for riding speeders. and that credits seem to take ages to gather.

this is how i normally spend my credits i use them to buy my skills and to send my crew on crew missions., and thats it. all my weapons and other gear have come from quest rewards or loot.

how i earn credits. by selling my loot and items i cant use to vendors and from quest.

but recently i have tried to sell any loot or quest items or crew mission rewards on the GTN. oh and my crew skills are scavenging thats at a low level still, slicing thats about half way and treasure hunting thats almost full.

so far when i try to sell items that i cant use as they are too high a level they dont seem to sell. before i put them up for sale i check the price on what other sellers are selling it for, i always beat the lowest by 200-300 credits. but as i say they dont seem to sell.

for selling loot i do the same i check price and try to beat by at least 200-300 credits. these some times sell but other times dont.

and the last thing i sell are things that my crew bring back from there crew missions. things from lockbocks or gemstones or diffrent slicing items. these seem to sell the best and once again i try to beat the lowest price by 200-300.

but even the ones that do sell they are not that high of a price and credits seem to go fast on crew missions to try get other items to sell or to learn new skills. also when i have finsihed putting items up for sale i am always left with very small credits in my pocket like less then 100.

so whats they best way to make good credits?

what items sell the best?

what is the best time to have an item up for sale?

can i do anything to help my items sell?

is it worth selling standard loot?

for crew missions what the best reward to send them for;

treasure hunting: lockbox, gemstone, companion gift

slicing: tec parts, lockbox

scavenging: i cant remember what reward you can pick from

thanks for reading all this info i know its alot and if you can answer my questions and give me tips i would be really grateful :)

Thanks Joe.

there's a lot of items in the game that just won't sell because the stats are bad. items like a knife with aim - only agents use knives and agents need cunning not aim, so a knife with aim is useless and should be vendored. look at the items you are trying to sell and determine if the stats are going to be sought after or not. alacrity in general is not in high demand for people who are leveling up. crit, surge, or power, plus the appropriate primary stats for the class that uses that item will give you a higher chance to sell it on GTN

if you put an item up and it's just 200 credits less than the next lowest price on a similar item, chances are someone else is going to post their own item and undercut you. so if you really want it to sell, then drop your price. if you have a purple item or a blue item that has superior stats combination compared to similar blues, you can probably keep your price up. it's really up to you and how quickly you want the item to sell, that should drive how low you are willing to go on the buyout price

i don't think twice about undercutting people's prices because if they don't like how low I've priced something they can always buy mine and re-post it at their own price.

treasure hunting is a money pit. dont ever go on scavenging missions. sell materials you collect around the world. slicing only do lockbox missions and youll make your money back on every box plus a little extra. get rid of treasure hunting and go for diplomacy medical supplies dont sell too well, but companion gifts do. i know treasure hunting can get companion gifts as well, but more often than not you will get gift fragments. these are worthless if youre just trying to make credits. i easily have over 100K credits most the time simply by selling companion gifts.

If you know someone with the Ship Droid that sells parts for your droid.. Go get the respective part that gives your robot +2 or whatever Crit change. I think the Diplomacy one is +2 and Sythweave or Cybertech is like +5 for crafting (Which is also a money pit BTW - Avoid unless you need for your toon) They run about $100k a part (ouch), but if you have the cash and also want to upgrade your CRIT change in the NON-FREE Legacy area you can add another couple points to your Crit.

Ok here is how i make credits easily, At 32 you should have 2 companions + the ship robot by now,

1. Slicing- keep whatever companions your not using, constantly out on slicing missions for lockboxes, when they come back send them right back out, never let them rest. remeber abundant yields more that moderate, and rich yield even one level back will bring in more than moderate that current level. (rich yields also can bring in one time use missions), if the missions are not for a crew skill you have you can try to sell them on the GTN but its just easier to sell it for 980 credits to a vendor (980 credits is the vendor price on a 340 lvl "purple" misson). the trick is keeping the compaions always out slicing for lockboxes. As you add companions keep them out slicing for boxes too. Currently I am lvl 49 on my powertech and if i spend all day online I can easily make 300,000 credits a day just slicing by keeping 5 companions out at all times, that and making a loop of taris, as there are slicing safes and footlockers almost everywhere you turn..

2. Nural Augmentors , and other tech parts. The only thing i really sell on the GTN are nural aumentors and the blue quality sliced tech parts that are used in augments. I do not however send my companions on missions for those as a rule, because its basicly a credit losing proposition. I only send my companions on tech part missions when I get an epic 1 time use slicing mission where you get a rich yeild or better of tech parts AND lockboxes. (or if my wifes cybetech needs the parts lol) the nural augmentors sell for a lot on the GTN (see them regularly for 20k each, and sometimes they go higher)

Hope that helps some.

Edited by Greymayne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.