The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How much SC and SA ?

Crymore-plz

I'm not a min/maxer when it comes to tanking, but i hear the 1/2/2 thrown around. meaning put the same number of points into absorption and shield chance and half as many into defense. But seriously dude, its tanking, just tell your healers to heal harder.

Was wondering how much SC and SA to go for , currently at 56.73 SC and 64.11 SA ( 72.11 with 4 stack of power screen) . Is there a cap? Also this is for my pve gear.

I would say that your shield absorb is probably a little higher than it needs to be - I am guessing that your Defense Chance is pretty low. I was running a high absorb, but my Defense chance was rather low. I recently swapped out most of my Absorb augments for Defense, and have noticed a difference in the amount of damage i take. I was running about 7 of my 14 augments as Absorb, 4 of them as Shield, and 3 of the as Fortitude. I just changed them out to 6 shield / 6 defense / 2 absorb. My shield chance is at about 51%, my absorb is around 54% (before any buffs), and my Defense chance went from about 10% to 15%. When i get my full stack of Power Screen, and my shield relic procs, I get up to abut 73%.

Not sure if this is the Best In Slot, but it's working excellent for me in PvE scenarios.

Edited by Raczo_liga
modifications

Was wondering how much SC and SA to go for , currently at 56.73 SC and 64.11 SA ( 72.11 with 4 stack of power screen) . Is there a cap? Also this is for my pve gear.

There isn't really a cap per se. Looks like you're a bit overweighted in favor of absorb, you may want to move some of your Absorb Rating over to Shield Rating.