jugg tanking is beyond frustrating

Veeius

I have an assassin tank, I have a jugg tank. My assassin doesn't have too much trouble with threat, even on packs that are spread out, even when there's mobs that stun, mezz, or knock back.

My jugg - even if there isn't a mob that stuns, mezzes, or knocks back, it's charge one guy, saber throw another taunt another force push into a second mob, charge, smash, and oh, the guy I hit first is now on my healer, the guy I hit second is on one dps and so on and so forth.

If I am TUNNELING something, I can keep a hold of it. But I sundering assault something then smash, then hit it with crushing blow, and if I look away from that mob for 3 or 4 gcds, it runs off to something else. How the hell am I supposed to get 6 mobs that are spread all over the place on me, when I struggle to keep one guy on me for more than a few gcd's at a time?

Try this build, you might prefer it. It's also considered one of the better Jug tanking builds. From what your saying it sounds like your full immortal build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101hMGkd0MZcRrRRhz0MZ0M.2 -- Roughly this (some points can be swapped about)

Unstoppable = -20% damage and CC immune for 4 seconds after a force chage great for Boss that do alot of knock backs like Annihlation Droid or even one you will be doing alot of charging into like Storm Caller in EC.

Deafening Defense = -4% incoming damage at all times & -15% incoming damage when popped it's another handy cd to pop all be it one you need to be careful with!

& not to mention the obvious DPS boost from Impale, the Force Scream Bleeds and Smash no longer requiring Rage!

Just make sure your generating enough rage for a force scream every 9 seconds.

Edited by Solar_Breeze

I'm confused, why would you talent shien form as a tank? Also you talk about impale as a dps boost, but it's not talented?

Also, 365 damage over 6 seconds? Is that REALLY worth 2 talent points?

Edited by Veeius

Try this build, you might prefer it. It's also considered one of the better Jug tanking builds. From what your saying it sounds like your full immortal build.

The jugg tank that I run HM Denova with runs with a hybrid spec, not sure what it is...but he has no trouble with aggro at all. Try it out!

I'm confused, why would you talent shien form as a tank? Also you talk about impale as a dps boost, but it's not talented?

Also, 365 damage over 6 seconds? Is that REALLY worth 2 talent points?

I'm not a jug tank but for some fights where shield isnt so good (force/tech fights) shien might help for extra rage productions / fights where only one tanks is required most of the time. - Its one of the optional points.

365 over 6 seconds adds up for threat, no reason not to have it.

Someone in this spec in dps gear can dps and tank to a high level

Edited by Solar_Breeze

How the hell am I supposed to get 6 mobs that are spread all over the place on me, when I struggle to keep one guy on me for more than a few gcd's at a time?

In an operation group, at least two of those six guys should be CC'd, and your co-tank should be responsible for two of the remaining four. You should be able to hold one guy with the threat from your attacks, and a second guy with your two taunts. The DPS should be burning at least one of the six mobs down VERY quickly, which will make the attack and taunt juggling much easier on you.

For a flashpoint group, if there are six mobs in a pull, you can probably CC at least one of the bigger mobs, and then have everyone AOE down three or four of the smaller mobs. Then you can tank one or two guys, while the DPS focus down whatever else survived the AOE mess.

Also: remind your DPS that they have stuns. :)

Edited by CitizenFry

How the hell am I supposed to get 6 mobs that are spread all over the place on me, when I struggle to keep one guy on me for more than a few gcd's at a time?

You're not supposed to, regardless of which tank you are. CC's should be going out, and the DPS should be easily able to take out the weaker ones on their own. If you're in a situation where you need to be holding threat on 6 mobs at once, someone else isn't doing their job.