Medium or Heavy armour for Merc

ColdFireSM

Bountyhunters should always use Heavy armor with Aim and endurance stats, which are their main stats

You are kind of right. Bounty Hunters can wear heavy armour so they probably should wear it, but if you're a Mercenary (or Powertech PVE DPS) then your armour rating is kind of irrelevant. Now I know the min-maxers out there will be flipping their keyboards in rage, but if you are getting hit by bosses then you are probably doing it wrong.

Wear whatever you like the look of basically. Personally I find some of the Imperial Agent longcoats quite nice so I wear one of them on my Mercenary.

Also, endurance is not a main stat for a Mercenary and should never be taken into consideration when gearing a non-tank.

Thanks for the advice, what stats should I be looking for?

And what do you mean by " if you're getting hit by a boss you're playing wrong"? As I'm levelling most of my missions are done solo so i always gt hit by the bosses.

Also should I go heal or dps, whilst levelling solo I'm thinking dps, but once levelled I'm not sure.

And what do you mean by " if you're getting hit by a boss you're playing wrong"? As I'm levelling most of my missions are done solo so i always gt hit by the bosses.

Also should I go heal or dps, whilst levelling solo I'm thinking dps, but once levelled I'm not sure.

For leveling it's best to be Arsenal Spec with Mako as your healing companion.

Your Stats:

-Main Stat: Aim

-Other Stats: Endurance, Power, Crit, Surge, Accuracy

Makos Stats:

-Main Stat: CUNNING

-Other Stats: Endurance, Power, Crit, Surge, Alacrity

Ah, I was referring to end-game.

While levelling Mako should be able to keep you alive quite easily even if you're in medium armour. Once you get Concussion Missile things will be even easier.

Tbh levelling is not tough so you may as well have a cool-looking character whilst doing so.

As for stats, don't worry about endurance as gear will have that naturally.

What would the medium armor be used for?

Medium armor is used primarily by Jedi Sentinels/ Sith Marauders concerning the Strength attribute (Melee Damage). All armor gives Endurance. Medium Armor is as well used By Imperial Agents/ Smugglers for Cunning atrribute (Tech Damage) . The Jedi Guardian/ Sith Juggernaut use Heavy Armor that gives the strength attribute. Light armor is used by Jedi Consulars/ Sith Inquisitors for the Willpower attribute (Force Damage). As specified Heavy Armor is also used for the Aim attribute. Orange armor can be modded for any1 to wear if they can. Everyone can wear light armor on a side note

You are kind of right. Bounty Hunters can wear heavy armour so they probably should wear it, but if you're a Mercenary (or Powertech PVE DPS) then your armour rating is kind of irrelevant. Now I know the min-maxers out there will be flipping their keyboards in rage, but if you are getting hit by bosses then you are probably doing it wrong.

Wear whatever you like the look of basically. Personally I find some of the Imperial Agent longcoats quite nice so I wear one of them on my Mercenary.

Also, endurance is not a main stat for a Mercenary and should never be taken into consideration when gearing a non-tank.

I have never seen such bad advice in a post before. Do not listen to this person.

Go heavy armour and focus on the main stat (Aim) while you are levelling, don't worry about the other stats just concentrate on Aim, you can worry about the other stats at later levels. Do not wear medium armour or gear you "like the look of". You will spend a fortune re-modding the gear you are NOT supposed to wear and you can't always go with the "assumption if your getting hit your doing it wrong" that is awful advice.

Wear the gear that is designed for your class.

Wear the gear that is designed for your class.

Yeah, that's why some people are doing so better than other in pvp. They just dont stay with the stuff made for them by developpers who dont seem to even understand the classes they design. ;)

Back to armor, yes you should wear heavy. But really, if you just love the skin of an intermediate armor, keep it, nobody will blame you for having 29.36% damage mitigation instead of 30. Only bad players think that mercs are solid because they wear heavy armor.