The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just starting out: PvP spec?

Dawginole

Hey guys, I've played since launch and am half way to a War Hero build on my Sentinel who averages 300k in wz, so I'm no stranger to the game, but I'm really lost in what I should do as a Vanguard. Oddly enough I'm still coming in the top 3 in sub-50 wz doing about 140k dmg at lvl 11 with basically no gear. I chalk that up to wz experience, but I'm sure I could do better with some help from you guys!

I'm basically building a Smuggler for healing and a Trooper for tanking for end game Ops so that I will have a dd, tank, and mage available for my guild. But from what I'm reading tank Vanguard spec is not pretty in PvP. So what I'm thinking is that I should go a dd route till 50 and then I can switch over to tank spec and focus on PvE content.

So if that's the route to go, spec and spec sheet loadout point number should I be focusing on ranking up via PvP?

Thanks for your input!

a couple routes you can go. if you want to be a tank end-game i would recommend tactics while using ion cell. if you want to piss people off you can use an ion pulse burst build until you hit the 40's, assault is another route (my favorite) but it relates the least to your end game tanking. i am lazy so just let me know if you want specifics on any of these.