Ganking Inside safe areas

Rescue_Bear

I dunno if any of you guys had the same experience. But I usually do my dailies on Ilum and there are multiple instances where in players from the opposite faction could gank me inside the Ilum republic base.

I've noticed that once they've downed the 2 turrets and robots outside, the other NPCs inside are not hostile against the players from the opposite faction. I've already sent a ticket regarding this issue reporting it as a bug. I think the NPCs (even the vendors) should be hostile against players from the opposite faction.

I'm cool with the whole PvP thing since I rolled in a PvP server after all. But being able to recuperate inside a safe area could be pretty convenient. If the supposed safe areas aren't so safe, it could get a bit irritating.

Hmm not too sure about it but I think they were able to kill the vendors as well in some of those instances.

I've seen groups of pubs take over Imp outposts... any NPCs able to give out quests or any vendors cannot be killed... all others you can target.

I think it's good players are taking the initiative and running open-world PvP. I don't have a problem with either fraction taking over bases and egging on a good fight. I can see how it could be irratating when you're just trying to grind out your dailies though.

Over the weekend I was ganked on Alderaan in House Organa's cantina while training up. At least the IMP had the courtesy to say something before jumping from the shadows to kill me. Is it annoying? Yes very but I can't help but admire the determination of killing someone almost 30 levels lower than you after infiltrating past what guards that are in place.

Case in point for me, I didn't find it enjoyable but it really didn't matter to me as I just went to the Repub Medical droid and left the area as I was done. I know some people get pinned down/stuck at this point but if that was the case you could file a ticket with CSR as they take that serious. But to be killed in a safe area isn't a big deal to me. It just shows you that no place is safe so be careful which is kind of fun to me, even if I weep for the 50s bored doing this tactic rather than doing it at a spot of their own level but all good.

I understand the whole point of the PvP server encouraging open world PvP. But I was hoping that we could get refuge inside the base without being harassed.

I was under the impression that the NPCs could at least keep the area safe for recuperation.