What are the things that you like most about SWTOR?

LG_XxLegacyxX

My name is Daedra. This is an alias of course and is what I am now using for many differednt things, including my Xbox gamertag, SWTOR characters, Twitch.tv account and youtube account.

I love Star Wars: The Old Republic. I have loved it since day #1. I will always enjoy it. :p I get pretty annoyed at all the people who give this game bad reviews and snarky comments to developers and customer service representatives. I'm a fanboy, but in a unbiased type of way.

I see the Pros and Cons. I'm not just one sided. No matter how much people want to nock this game down for not having enough content or not having many subs, etc. Well Let's see you get a development team, earn $200 million, and build the dang video game yourself. Let's see you make an absolutely amazing MMO. I don't think you could do it.

I know why most people don't want to pay for a subscription too. You can't afford it, or you're too lazy to. To that I say, either stop being lazy and pay the $15 that sits in your bank account, or get a job. If you can't afford $15 a month plus normal living costs, you must be working in a sweat shop making less than minumum wage.

All I here is people complain, why not list the things you like. If you list the things you like, over and over again, I'm sure BW will take interest in what you like and enjoy then what you hate and can't stand. Word it differently.

So please if you have anything good to say, post away please.

I like:

1. You dont need more than 2 human players to do flashpoints.

2. No need to compete for material nodes, you can send companions to do the tedious work while you level.

3. Tanks are actually more than just moving boulders in PvP.

4. Customizable gear

5. Music

6. Legacy names

7. Lightsaber/Missile animations

8. Game is more enjoyable when you take your time instead of rushing to level cap. (the journey to 50 matters more than hitting 50 itself)

9. Ships

10. Darkside!

1. Only 2 people for FP:s is really great, sometimes I just run through an older FP with a friend or hubby if we feel like playing around and watching the story

2. Class-stories and companions are wonderful! They are really the reason that I got hooked in the first place. I know that I will play every single one of them simply to experience it.

3. That it is voiced! I have felt much more connected with my character simply because it is voiced, love this.

4. I like the crafting-system, that I have the option to send out companion to gather mats if I do not feel like gathering it myself.

5. The legacy-system is really nice, have enjoyed using Dirty Kick from my lvl 50 Scoundrel with my JK and SW, lol

6. I like the orange gear, wouldn't mind if there were a few more different outfits

7. Music is really nice, shivers from the male choir landing on Balmorra with my Sith Warrior

8. The different feel at the different planets, sometimes I just go back to a planet I enjoy and simply run around there, relaxing for a bit.

9. Hunting for datacrons and things like that with friends, we have made it to a hide and seek-game. One of us knows where it is and the other get to play warmer-colder until we find it.

Ohh well, just a few things I came up with right now.

• 1 month later...
My name is Daedra. This is an alias of course and is what I am now using for many differednt things, including my Xbox gamertag, SWTOR characters, Twitch.tv account and youtube account.

I love Star Wars: The Old Republic. I have loved it since day #1. I will always enjoy it. :p I get pretty annoyed at all the people who give this game bad reviews and snarky comments to developers and customer service representatives. I'm a fanboy, but in a unbiased type of way.

I see the Pros and Cons. I'm not just one sided. No matter how much people want to nock this game down for not having enough content or not having many subs, etc. Well Let's see you get a development team, earn $200 million, and build the dang video game yourself. Let's see you make an absolutely amazing MMO. I don't think you could do it.

I know why most people don't want to pay for a subscription too. You can't afford it, or you're too lazy to. To that I say, either stop being lazy and pay the $15 that sits in your bank account, or get a job. If you can't afford $15 a month plus normal living costs, you must be working in a sweat shop making less than minumum wage.

All I here is people complain, why not list the things you like. If you list the things you like, over and over again, I'm sure BW will take interest in what you like and enjoy then what you hate and can't stand. Word it differently.

So please if you have anything good to say, post away please.

I am glad to see someone made this type of post. I have seen few that focus on the good qualities of the game and a high number of posts that complain about the negative. Sure there are things that could be improved to make the game better but people seem to forget that it has not even been out for a year yet. It takes time to make improvements and correct glitches. I am sure that otheer MMO's were not where they are now when they first came out. Sometimes certain aspects of a game don't always work out but it cant be expected that a game will be absolutly perfect when it comes out. the developers have to get feedback on what is working and what isn't and then find ways to make things better.

"4 Man" groups that can include pets to make up the difference.

The one thing my wife and I hated about WoW is there was no dungeon or quest content where a husband and wife could enjoy an evening without 3 strangers. The quests you could do as a team, but how pointless is that.

Here we have heroics that can also be done by couples.

EA should market how couple friendly this game is, we gamers have grown up and gotten hitched, we want 2 people 2 hour fun bites and this game delivers.

Imma make some really specific references...

I really like the running animations, In particular...

The dual pistol determined sprint.

The double-bladed lightsaber and dual lightsabers.

I like the long fall roll animations too. Sometimes I do it on purpuse in a WZ because it's cool to roll when everyone runs out the gate.

I also like the cloth physics in this game. I'm glad they spent the time to put it in.

I'd just like to say how much I love the way the game looks.

As someone who's come back from a few months off, I was surprised at just how beautiful some of the worlds are.

I went back to Taris recently, and some of the ruins are amazing in their size and grandeur. Also, just look at the sky on Ilum, with its slowly falling meterorites. Stand on a balcony on Coruscant and watch the traffic .... Or just soak up the scenery on Hoth. It's all pretty spectacular, especially for an MMO.

You don't really notice when you're charging through the worlds while levelling, but I'd really reccomend going back once you are 50 and just spending some time soaking it all up.

Also like, in no particlar order:

Companions!

Voice acting - some of which is really, really good.

Lightsabers

PvP - Not always great, but when you get a close match its pretty frickin amazing.

It'd be a much shorter list if I named what I DON'T like, so I won't list everything, but some of the things that first pop into my head:

1) The distinctive storylines for each player class. They are unique and interesting, and they keep evolving. It's like reading a book and then something happens that you didn't expect re: your character and you're like , whoah! I love that.

2) The degree to which you can customize how your character looks is, in my experience, unparalleled. I have eight distinctive characters (one in each class) with eight distinctive looks. Love it.

3) The gameplay itself is outstanding.

4) The little details you might not notice, such as the Sith guards kneeling when you pass them on Korriban. Just the amount of thought put into this is boggling.

5) The awesome abilities for each class. I love a good Force Leap as much as I love a good Death from Above. Sometimes it's hard to decide which one to play depending on how I feel like killing people that evening. ;)

Shall I go on? No? Well, I will lodge my major complaint: that not every character can have the female Sith agent's voice/accent. :cool: (Obv joking but come on, that kills. I want to speak like she does.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.