I'm burnt out ...

Xanikk

I basically have 4 50s empire side and 1 smuggler level 43 and I am just getting tired of leveling alts over and over.

I have done what meager end game content there is on my empire toons including raiding HM denova and I am just finding that it's not engaging enough. Since the server merges I have noticed the population getting smaller and smaller.

It just seems this game has very little to keep you playing. I can't keep playing alts forever. Where are all the achievements or mini games that other mmos have? Aside from pvp which doesn't interest me and operations/flashpoints there is very little to do at 50.

I think it was a big mistake for bioware to pool so much effort into the story and legacy stuff when in the end that isn't what keeps players playing. We need more end game content and fast.

I might just go play some other MMOs since I am getting bored to tears here.

Where are all the achievements or mini games that other mmos have?

Check your Codex. Filled it already?

How's your crafting?

Space missions are a minigame.

I play for story - and you've had far more non-story content added than we have seen on the story side.

This is what happens to content locusts. The content "other MMOs" have is there because they have been around for ten years, SWTOR is less than a year old. You are expecting a new game to play like a long-established game. It doesn't. If you are burned out, take a break and come back fresh. The problem's not in the game, but in your own expectations.

Check your Codex. Filled it already?

How's your crafting?

Space missions are a minigame.

I play for story - and you've had far more non-story content added than we have seen on the story side.

This is what happens to content locusts. The content "other MMOs" have is there because they have been around for ten years, SWTOR is less than a year old. You are expecting a new game to play like a long-established game. It doesn't. If you are burned out, take a break and come back fresh. The problem's not in the game, but in your own expectations.

I don't think my expectations are too high. This game has been in developement for years and the devs knew they were competing with well established mmos so I don't buy the "too new" excuse.

Also if you play for story what's stopping you from quitting after finishing everything? This is why I think this game is bleeding subs. There is nothing to keep the players playing at the end.

the devs knew they were competing with well established mmos so I don't buy the "too new" excuse.

It's a very valid excuse as the majority of the development is getting the game up and running. A lot of what you see in the game had to be created from scratch. Think of it like this, the game engine is the skeleton, the development process is what was needed to add the organs, the flesh, the nervous system, so on and so forth. Now that the new creation is walking, BW is working on creating "clothes" for it. The wardrobe atm is slim but over time it will be robust.

Edited by Apocalypsezero

and the heavy fokus on classquests makes a new quest only available to a quarter of the players. If only more classquests had been in some daily form, a random 1 of 5-10 different daily´s each day. Content that´s only done 1 time, and on top of that only by 1 class is realy costly in terms of development.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.