How do you authenticate a star wars figure?

dennyulp

This might sound like an odd question but i found 2 kenner Toy figures still sealed on the card, one is Leia Organa and the other is Luke Skywalker, these were the original once that were released in the 1980's.

I know they are real because it was in a box in my dads garage that hasn't been touched for 20 years, only reason i even looked inside the box was because we were moving and i thought i would open it to see if it was just useless junk that could be thrown away.

Is there anyway to get these authenticated? I mean is there a place i could go to that checks them out and gives you some sort of certificate that provides proof that it is real?

Edited by dennyulp

Do a search on the net (or go old-school and use the phone book) for collectible appraisers. If you have a store near you that buys and sells collectibles, you might call or go by and see if they have someone they can recommend. Try to get more than one appraisal, and make sure that the person doing the valuing knows that you are not interested in selling (even if you might be). Edited by JacenHallis