Proc trinkets vs +power pvp trinkets

Cindikle

Curious to know which is better. I assume +power trinket is.

The only 2 things which should be under consideration are PVP power relics and on-use PVE power relics.

Everything else is inferior.

PVP power relics are usually the best option, as they provide the best sustained DPS, but the on-use can come in handy if equipped prior to bursty fights (remembering that equipping it "uses" it and forces you to wait the CD) when you're not going to have enough uptime to really make the most of a permanent power boost.

Proc relics are, mathematically, the worst option, behind PVP relics, on-use PVE relics, Matrix cube, etc.

Edit: That's for PVE. For PVP, BM/WH Power relics or ****.

Edited by Omophorus

For Annhi I find the internal proc relic fantastic. I'm getting about 40 DPS out of that according to the logger. Compare that to 113 power which tanslates to 26 extra bonus damage plus warrior buff = 28.6 minus armour mitigation.

The bonus damage will be applied differently per attack, it does not increase bleed damage by the full amount but increases ravage by more than the 28.6. But ravage is subject to armour mitagation.

In my experience the internal proc relic is a must for Anni, but the WH relic is proabaly better for rage and carnage, although I don't have much experience with these other builds.

For Annhi I find the internal proc relic fantastic. I'm getting about 40 DPS out of that according to the logger. Compare that to 113 power which tanslates to 26 extra bonus damage plus warrior buff = 28.6 minus armour mitigation.

The bonus damage will be applied differently per attack, it does not increase bleed damage by the full amount but increases ravage by more than the 28.6. But ravage is subject to armour mitagation.

In my experience the internal proc relic is a must for Anni, but the WH relic is proabaly better for rage and carnage, although I don't have much experience with these other builds.

This is the type of stuff I've been thinking about as well. The proc trinket usually does 2-3% of my damage, sometimes higher. Overall about the same as who I am quoting.

Rounding up on his number to be nice, 30. Added to every attack at 1.5 seconds. 20dps. Given this goes higher as you calculate in higher multiplier abilities such as anni. But does it go up enough to double it to 40 to make it contend with the proc trinket?

This is the type of stuff I've been thinking about as well. The proc trinket usually does 2-3% of my damage, sometimes higher. Overall about the same as who I am quoting.

Rounding up on his number to be nice, 30. Added to every attack at 1.5 seconds. 20dps. Given this goes higher as you calculate in higher multiplier abilities such as anni. But does it go up enough to double it to 40 to make it contend with the proc trinket?

Yes, every other end-game relic is better (yields more PvE sustained DPS) than EITHER of the proc relics.

Confused a little by the redundant terminology in your post, but I'll take a whack anyway.

Firstly, when I say "proc" I refer to any of the relics that fire for additional damage (30%, once every 4.5s maximum). When I say "on use" I refer to any relic that has a CD and provides a short-duration buff when you activate it manually.

25-30 DPS is entirely reasonable for a proc relic. The WH/Campaign tier ones (184 internal/elemental damage) should fire once every 5.33 GCDs on average, meaning about 23 DPS, but their effects are impacted by your crit and surge so 25-30 DPS is very reasonable.

Campaign-tier power on-use relic in PVE, however, adds a beefy chunk (76ish) bonus damage while active. You can't just do a straight division to arrive at an accurate DPS number, but while it's up, it's undeniably the strongest DPS buff available to us. With up to 25% uptime, it can be as high as 19ish bonus damage overall, but that's not really representative of its value. In situations where you just need a short burst of damage and then face downtime, it's obviously the ideal choice.

The PVP relics add just under 25 (for BM) and a bit over 27 (for WH) bonus damage apiece, and impact every attack plus every bleed tick (for Annihilation). For sustained DPS purposes, they're king, and are (in my opinion) preferable from a burst perspective as well because they add a deterministic effect to your strongest attacks, whilst the proc relic does as it will, and might add an additional punch to a strong attack, but at the same time might not. There's also no guarantee that you won't get hosed by the RNG gods in any individual engagement (while the internal CD drastically limits how much you can be showered with RNG god love).

Edited by Omophorus